Markets officially tanking! Help me decide which bags to part with...boo hoo

May 1, 2006
So the markets - as you all know - are taking a huge hit! And I'm getting nervous about finances, jobs, etc and think I need to part with some bags that just sit in my closet and never get used. I need your help deciding which to part with! :crybaby:

Here is the current collection and some random notes. I need to whiddle it down by 2 bags.

35's:
1. Rouge VIF chevre/ghw - this one will never leave me. I love this bag.

2. Blue jean togo/phw - use it periodically. always liked blue jean.

3. Parchemin togo/ghw - never used this but always love it. was waiting for winter to come around. I just think this combo is soc lassy.

4. Black box/phw - barely used. Loev black box. Classic.

30's:

1. Fuschia ostrich/phw - Not parting with this one- love it.

2. Black box/phw - classic.

3. white clemence/phw - thinking of parting with this one. I have two small kids and as much as I visualize myself pulling this look off - i never do it.

So what to do????:confused1:

Is two black box bags overkill? As for 30 vs 35....I see needs for each so I don't know?!

I'm lost. Help.

The market will cycle on back the way it always does. Fear is driving the market, and large plans are selling off as their computers are programmed to do. I've seen this happen a half dozen times in my lifetime, and I expect it'll happen again and again.

Anyway, I'd sell what you KNOW you won't use that much regardless of other factors. It's always a shame just to hold on to something that expensive just because.

that would be my vote too. black box is gorgeous but if you want to whittle down your collection, you should only keep one (i like variety!)! the white clemence sounds like it should go too...

Ammietwist - I know you're right that they will cycle back but in the meantime, I need some "rainy day fund" money. Thus my dilemma.

Ya know - I think I am the worst at hanging onto bags and never using them, so it really is time to narrow it down.

Okay if I part with a black box....how do I know which one?

And what are your thoughts on parchemin? Is it as pretty as I think or is it one I won't care about down the road....? Is it hard to match? I don't know.

If you HAVE TO part with any of them right now I guess I'd let go one of the black box and, based on what you wrote, the white clemence :sad:

But if you don't have to sell NOW, I'd wait for 'better times' when you'll be able to get a better price, kwim?

I agree what everyone says about the blackbox. Which one do you use more often?

Re. the market - there's a lot of panic at the moment. It may not be the best time to sell your H bags.

Sell the black box 35, I personally think this looks better in the 30.

And the white clemence-- to me! I'd love it! :P Maybe the Parchemin, too... If you haven't used the white much, maybe another lighter color bag is not right for you?

One of the two black box and either the parchemin or the white, based on your description and on your collection these might be considered almost as doubles.
I am sorry you have to do that, but you will feel better afterwards and hopefully you will later buy something else, that will maybe suit even more your life.

I would go with the parchemin since is a new bag and you should get all the value back.
And the white one and one of the box, probably the 30. This shoul give you the chance to sell faster the 2 bags. After selling the first 2 you can decide what to do with the third. Sorry you have to do this..

I would go with the parchemin since is a new bag and you should get all the value back.
And the white one and one of the box, probably the 30. This shoul give you the chance to sell faster the 2 bags. After selling the first 2 you can decide what to do with the third. Sorry you have to do this..

I absolutely agree