Marketplaza Application Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a fairly new member... have seen the MP area...

If you are purely a "buyer" on ebay / intend to only buy on MP do you stand a chance? Or is it better you have something to offer? (can not see myself selling any of my collection on the net - my family wait like vultures for the days I decide to let one go!!).

Just wondering if it is worth my while sending in an app on that basis??

Interesting thread.... thanks!

Sent mine on Nov 29, get no confirmation yet at all.
Will wait for a month at the most, if it get rejected, I never come back here for sure !!!

Heaven forbid that Vlad and Megs should have lives outside tPF. They should be jumping on all these applications the second anyone hits the send button on their MP application and approving them immediately! :rolleyes:

Swanky Mama of Three said:
You'd catch more flies w/ honey

You got that right, Swank!;)

In case it's escaped anyone's notice, this is the current member count: Members: 90,352

me, too. i believe the last time i applied, it was august or july. i know there's a huge backlog of apps, but i'm wondering how long is long enough to wait before knowing you were rejected?

i think it would be a good idea if the "wait time" blurb in the Market App info post could be updated to reflect whatever the current situation is. last time i checked it was weeks but to my understanding, it may actually be months? this will not only give applicants a timeline to go by but ALSO cut down the number of re-applies. So you won't get the same app 4 times because someone thinks they must've been rejected if they didn't get access in 3 weeks.

I'm wondering the same thing because I never got a confirmation for mine either.

The MP is something we set up to help all of you... because it is more stressful on us than helpful really! We love to be able to do it, but it is not going to be done a set way. We have strict rules in the MP, and after we let a certain amount of people in, we wait for a few months to see who can not follow the rules. Once they are taken out and things settle, we let more in. There is no set number and no set time. We can not give a set time, because I am pretty certain we can not fully adhere by it.

We will get through the applications. I wish I had a better answer, but just wait and see. No need to send multiple applications.

People who are let into the MP are let in because we see that they regularly contribute to the forum, have met certain requirements, and we feel comfortable letting them in. So just wait patiently, we will get through more apps after the new year :yes:

^^^And all of this is as it should be, Megs. :yes:

I just wish more people could comprehend what a gift the MP is!!! Sure you can buy and sell on eBay, and people that simply cannot wait for MP approval have that option, but MP is a HUGE privilege and again, a gift from Megs and Vlad. They did not have to put the MP in this forum.

Until people are actually approved for MP, they won't understand that Megs and Vlad have given us the greatest gift of all: confidence in us that we won't abuse their trust, or tarnish the reputation of this forum.

Not being certain how much I can say here on specifics, I'll not elaborate, but honestly, I wish all the people here that are complaining about having to wait would put themselves in Megs' and Vlad's shoes and look at the bigger picture.

Sent mine on Nov 29, get no confirmation yet at all.
Will wait for a month at the most, if it get rejected, I never come back here for sure !!!
Thanks for the attitude check, I'll make sure not to let you in.

I haven't been able to review MP apps for a while now, I will send out invites within the next week or so, many of them. Thanks for being patient.

^^^And all of this is as it should be, Megs. :yes:

I just wish more people could comprehend what a gift the MP is!!! Sure you can buy and sell on eBay, and people that simply cannot wait for MP approval have that option, but MP is a HUGE privilege and again, a gift from Megs and Vlad. They did not have to put the MP in this forum.

Until people are actually approved for MP, they won't understand that Megs and Vlad have given us the greatest gift of all: confidence in us that we won't abuse their trust, or tarnish the reputation of this forum.

Not being certain how much I can say here on specifics, I'll not elaborate, but honestly, I wish all the people here that are complaining about having to wait would put themselves in Megs' and Vlad's shoes and look at the bigger picture.

Very well said Prada

:flowers: to PP!!

Thanks all. I know it is frustrating for many of you to wait, so keep waiting, and you will get in if we feel you fit. Just sit tight!

Thanks for the attitude check, I'll make sure not to let you in.

I haven't been able to review MP apps for a while now, I will send out invites within the next week or so, many of them. Thanks for being patient.

I joined this forum because of MP, not because of what I want to learn !!!

Good bye.
If you ARE That GOOD enough, then please DELETE all my posts and ban me!!
I certainly appreciated for all my posting to be removed
:supacool:

You are the EXACT reason we're so tight about the MP.
It's a PRIVILEGE, NOT a right.
It's for people who earn the privilege, not demand it because they "put in their time".
I won't delete your posts, but I'll be happy to remove your membership :cutesy:

Status
Not open for further replies.