Mark Cross - anyone have one?

Harpertoo

O.G.
Feb 5, 2013
I have been curious about the new(ish) Mark Cross bags. I love a nice structured top handle.
Anyone have one? I'd love to hear how you feel about it...quality, utility, etc.....

Thanks!

Long before YSL, Gucci and Prada, Mark Cross handbags and business attaché cases were considered the ‘best status symbol’ out there since the 1930s. They even had a flagship store on Fifth Ave. in NYC for years. For whatever reason, they disappeared from the horizon in the 1990s. Hopefully they are making a comeback with the wonderful soft as butter leather and exceptional quality that was used in the past.

Yep - I know the history. They were privately held & went under. They had a Mich. Ave spot when I was a child. Someone resurrected/ bought the name. Just wondering if anyone has tried the latest. Barney's has them and they look nice. Not really needing that style bag, but I always admired the case Grace Kelly had in Rear Window!

Harpertoo said:
Yep - I know the history. They were privately held & went under. They had a Mich. Ave spot when I was a child. Someone resurrected/ bought the name. Just wondering if anyone has tried the latest. Barney's has them and they look nice. Not really needing that style bag, but I always admired the case Grace Kelly had in Rear Window!

Did you see the bag on the Carrie Diaries? ;)

Did you see the bag on the Carrie Diaries? ;)

No. Have never watched it.
I'll see if I can catch an episode. I can imagine they have fun with the styling.

And that's a great idea for a thread.....favorite new shows for fashion inspiration!
(I'm recovering from foot surgery and SO, so tired of loungewear!)

No. Have never watched it.
I'll see if I can catch an episode. I can imagine they have fun with the styling.

And that's a great idea for a thread.....favorite new shows for fashion inspiration!
(I'm recovering from foot surgery and SO, so tired of loungewear!)

The whole first episode or two focus around her mothers mark cross bag. It sis really kinda cool.

Now I really need to watch it!
My grandmother had one and I thought the style was way too "mature" (read old lady-ish) for me at the time...now I sort of like them. I've been browsing Barney's online too much. I have a gift card burning a hole in my wallet.

Now I really need to watch it!
My grandmother had one and I thought the style was way too "mature" (read old lady-ish) for me at the time...now I sort of like them. I've been browsing Barney's online too much. I have a gift card burning a hole in my wallet.

Def worth the watch. I don't wanna spoil it for you by saying more but basically because of that show unjust learned about Mark Cross. ;)

I have the smallish Scottie satchel (not the mini, not the giant one). I have it in black. I absolutely love and adore it. It's elegant and it isn't something other people have.

Recent pickup, can't figure out how old it is. Do you recognize it? Any info on it would be great! Thank you!

IMG_1033_1.jpg
IMG_1034_1.jpg
IMG_1035.jpg
IMG_1036_1.jpg
IMG_1037.jpg
IMG_1045_1.jpg
IMG_1039_1.jpg

IMG_1043.jpg

Reviving this thread to see if anyone has any more information. How is the wear and tear on Mark Cross bags? I saw someone with a Grace today and while the construction looked beautiful the wear on the bag strap (scratches and discoloration) looked concerning!