Mariska Hargitay suffers a collapsed lung!

1. Hi! We are running a fun little TPF community giveaway to win a new Polene bag! Head over to this thread to enter. Good luck!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Mariska Hargitay Suffers a Collapsed Lung

By Mark Dagostino
    Originally posted Monday January 12, 2009 06:15 PM EST
    Mariska Hargitay Photo by: Duffy-Marie Arnoult / WireImage[​IMG]
    Law & Order: SVU star Mariska Hargitay has a partially collapsed lung, but won't miss any work, according to her rep.

"Mariska Hargitay has been sidelined with a pneumothorax (a partially collapsed lung)," the rep says.

In spite of her condition, the 44-year-old actress "will appear in all episodes for the rest of the season of Law & Order: SVU," the rep says.

According to a source, the actress has been on vacation and her injury did not occur on the set of her show.

Hargitay was nominated for a Golden Globe for best actress in a television drama, but did not attend Sunday's ceremony.

Access Hollywood was first to report the news.

2. oh crap, i hope she's ok! i hope there's no major or lasting damage, it sounds serious :sad:

who the heck even won the GG. she should've!!!

3. ........Anna Paquin.

*ahem* no comment from me on that.

:weird:

4. I hope she is ok!

5. get well soon!!!!!!!

6. I wonder if this is why she was absent.

I read somewhere else that this kind of a thing usually isn't serious at all.. many people dont even stay overnight at a hospital. I have no idea how accurate that is though...

7. I hope she gets better soon.

8. wow hope she's alright

9. oh no! love her, hope she is doing ok

10. Hope she is ok.

11. Her costar, Richard Beltzer, was on the View today. He said that she had a sledding accident. He said that she's doing well.

12. i love her. she is great!!

13. oh dear ! i realli like her and i do hope she gets well soon !