Mario Badescu - as good as Proactiv?

Jan 19, 2008
I've been using Proactiv (UK Salicylic Acid version) for about a year now and it has helped my skin A LOT, but it is still far from perfect.

However, I've been reading a lot of good things about Mario Badescu. Has anyone ever made the change from Proactiv to MB?

For some reason, in my head I think Proactiv will be more effective at keeping my oily skin/acne under control because I think of it as medicated (which I guess it's not at all). I just wanted some opinions on whether anyone thinks maybe I should have a change and give MB a go?

TIA :smile:

MB is better.

You will need the drying lotion (for white heads and tiny pimples) and the buffering lotion (for cystic acne).

I use regular skin care and my skin is STILL clear. But u can use their cucumber lotion, their daily SPF 17 Lotion, and acne wash. I've tried them all and they are good.

Also, for a weekly mask, you can get the drying mask. It's very soothing. :smile:

Thanks mininana and vanessajean - two very conflicting opinions haha!

I've ordered the buffering lotion and seaweed night cream to try - maybe if I use them in conjunction with the Proactiv wash etc then I might get the best of both worlds :smile:

I used proactive but it destroyed my skin. It got dry and flaky. I'm a 1000% Mario Badescu girl now. Doesn't dry out my skin, I look younger, glowy, and 90% less pimples and no more redness + more even skin tone.

My MB must haves for me are: seaweed night cream, moisturizer for oily skin, drying cream, buffering lotion, healing and soothing mask, flower and tonic mask. There are many more I use as well, but those are my favorites/must have unless I want to look like a train wreck.

^^Can I ask what kind of skin you have? And whats your skin routine with MB, in terms of wash etc? Might seem like a realllly stupid question but I've just ordered the buffering lotion - when do I use that? Before moisturiser? Or just at night?

^^Can I ask what kind of skin you have? And whats your skin routine with MB, in terms of wash etc? Might seem like a realllly stupid question but I've just ordered the buffering lotion - when do I use that? Before moisturiser? Or just at night?

I have very oily skin in my T zone but dry on my cheeks. I will have to check my cabinet to let you know all the names of the products I use. My skin isn't 100% clear, but it's SO much better than it used to be. Also I started taking fish oil supplements and I swear that helped too.

Ok so so far I am still using my Proactiv Cleanser and Toner, but I have started using the buffering lotion, drying cream, seaweed night cream and glycolic eye cream. I love them all!!! My skin has cleared up loads - the drying cream has worked miracles in like 24 hours!! I've bought, but am yet to use: drying mask, drying lotion, silver powder, special healing powder, the collagen mask (i forget its exact name) and collagen moisturiser. I can't wait!!
My skin is looking a bit dull sometimes though - anyone suggest a product for that? A scrub maybe??