Marine PT with GSH?

sammieee

O.G.
Jul 29, 2008
Hi everyone, I live in a state which has no boutiques which sell Bal (boooo!), so I've been calling around to the states near me which DO sell ... the only problem is that every single one has the bag I am looking for in RH, instead of GSH. I've called Nordie's in Minnesota and Barney's in Chicago, so far nothing.

I would feel awkward calling BalNY or BalLA because I've never talked to an SA there before and don't know how friendly they would be to me ... is this a bag that seems to be selling quickly, for those who live near a boutique which sells them?? Aloha Rag didn't order any Marine PT with GSH, I'm just wondering if I need to buy NOW, or if anyone thinks I can wait a month or so and still have relative success finding one in stock still.

Opinions anyone?? I have a few Bal accessories, but this would be my first bag purchase, and I want to make sure I snap it up in time and that whoever helps me will pick one with great leather ... sorry for rambling so long, any suggestions or insight would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you.

Neiman Marcus has Marine GSH Part Times... somewhere. I just went to mine this past weekend to find the very same bag. They only got one and sold it. But they said they could track it from another NM. They found several in the system. I paid and had them send one to me. So... call any NM, maybe one in a large market (California, New York, Vegas) and see if they have one in stock. If they don't, ask the SA to see if she/he can find one on-line for you and send it.

I would do it FAST! I'm not an expert and have no idea how many they made, but they seem to be going fast and usually they don't make very many PT's (compared to City's).

Also, I don't really have a special SA, maybe someone here can recommend one to help track it down at a NM. Good Luck!

Good luck with wander's recommendations! In the meantime, you should never feel awkward about calling BalNY or BalLA...they're super nice and tons of calls they get are "first timers." I go to BalLA regularly and email my SA fairly regularly and I still don't think she knows who I am. :rolleyes:

If calling is too hard, you can always email. Do a search and you'll find the email addresses for both stores.

call one of the Bal stores, esp if you don't live in NY or CA. No sales tax and the salespeople are more knowledgeable than NM staff, if you have to buy sight unseen. Bill or Kim from BalNY are well liked by tPF ladies.

You can try talking to Alex or Terri at Bal LA, both are super nice. Just tell them what you're looking for, they'll run upstairs to see what they have, and if they have more than one you can ask them to describe the color/leather. That's it and you're donezo! Good luck!!