marigold, mustard, or pumpkin? why?

Cassidy, do you have a picture of the inner tag of your yellow bag? I've seen the s/s 04 yellow & fw 04 marigold but never the mustard. Several of us were curious as how the tag looks on those when there was yellow bbag confusion on them a while back, but a pic was never posted after several requests.

The marigold has brass, yellow has silver. Also, the marigold is darker (BNY calls it dark yellow), and yellow is brighter, almost a touch of neon but not pale at all (kind of like 04 lilac vs 03 lilac). They're both beautiful.

Here you go. I took a bunch of pics today (as per request). A couple of them are without flash, as I couldn't get good close-ups. You can click on them to make them bigger

Balenciaga missed out on a goldmine this year. Yellow bags are so in. They would have completely sold out. lovelygarments your bag is AMAZING!

DITTO!! I was almost certain they'd come out with a yellow this summer...
lovelygarments you are one lucky girl!! :yes: Your marigold is stunning and in such excellent shape! CONGRATS!!

I TOTALLY agree ... enough with the Blues, Greens, Browns and Black ... we want more BRIGHT colors!!!!!

Here is my MUSTARD First:
2003MustardYellowFirst-best2cc.jpg

... and my ANIS Weekender is in the background on the left:
CJLCollection-cc.jpg

i almost bought a marigold first but chickened out... :sad: i have dark pitched black hair and pale yellowish skin. my normal hue, as in those seasonal names for what complexion you are and what family of colours you are best clothed in, would be cold summer, or warm winter. i think. fuschia, magenta, turquoise, dark terracota, reddish/pinkish dark peach... i could get away with certain kind of green, but if i am not careful they make me look pale and sickly. and maroon or purple lipsticks makes my face look bruised... so. i suppose between the yellow family and the orange family i might be better suited carrying the orange...?

Cassidy, pretty bag! Are you sure that's mustard and not marigold? The reason I ask is because the tag has a "B" which is f/w 04 and the hardware is brass.

Ceejay, do you have a picture of the tag on your bag? BNY refuses to believe there's a f/w 03 and it turned into a big enough tassel problem between the yellows & anis. If it can be undeniably confirmed it did exist, they can update their information, and they should just know. It was hell (4X!) getting the right colors for my bags in the yellow range.

^^ After consulting with a fellow tPFer I think it is Marigold....
I got it about a year and a half ago from a girl who was on dudeiloveyou's "Balenciaga Forum" and she told me it was Mustard. Since I had never seen Mustard OR Marigold IRL I just assumed that's what it was, kwim ?:shrugs:

Another question, for anyone who knows. What are the "proper" names for the various yellow colors? I mean the Balenciaga names. I remember being told once that mustard was not a color name, but I have no idea. Maybe marigold was? Anyone know?

that's a good question. i wouldn't mind knowing them too.

Another question, for anyone who knows. What are the "proper" names for the various yellow colors? I mean the Balenciaga names. I remember being told once that mustard was not a color name, but I have no idea. Maybe marigold was? Anyone know?

Sarah at BNY called them yellow (ss 04) and dark yellow (fw 04) when looking for tassels. She didn't know what mustard or marigold was, so those names may have been coined at a different retailer or maybe they just label tassels by colors and not names. That may explain why they've sent the wrong colors 90 percent of the time but then again she looked at some database when I grilled her on a possible fw 03 yellow. But, I know depending on where you purchase the bag the color names can be different, like dark sea, ink, encre, and indigo (by barneys but could have been a description).