Marie-Lou long wallet owners?

cerezah

Cerezah
May 23, 2014
I've been going crazy lately trying to decide which wallet to get this fall! Marie-Lou long wallet IMO is just the most beautiful wallet LV has to offer at the moment, but I haven't been able to find any good reviews or experiences or even photos of it.. :sad: My other options are the Emilie wallet in fuchsia and the new nm3 Sarah wallet in mono. So my question this time would be to Marie-Lou owners, have you enjoyed your wallet? How about wear and tear? Is a tri fold tricky or easy to use? How about the snap button coin section, is it working well or do you find your coins falling out of it?

Thanks for all the info you can give me! :smile:

I do not own the wallet yet, but I have handled it in a boutique a couple of times. The wallet is gorgeous in person! The fuchsia is on my wish list.

When I compared the Marie-Lou long to the Josephine in the boutique, the price difference seems worth it. The construction on the Marie-Lou long seems better (sturdier and more substantial) imo, and there is room for more credit cards.

I, too, would love to hear about others' experience actually using the wallet.

I do not own the wallet yet, but I have handled it in a boutique a couple of times. The wallet is gorgeous in person! The fuchsia is on my wish list.

When I compared the Marie-Lou long to the Josephine in the boutique, the price difference seems worth it. The construction on the Marie-Lou long seems better (sturdier and more substantial) imo, and there is room for more credit cards.

I, too, would love to hear about others' experience actually using the wallet.

I've only seen online pics of the Marie-Lou but have handled epi and mono wallets and to me as well the combination of those two looks stunning! And I can only imagine how sturdy it feels to hand. I'm thinking either coral or figue...

View attachment 2701093

This is my Marie-Lou wallet. I used it for couple of weeks so far. I like the tri folder wallet so I really enjoy using it and I always use coin pouch for all my coins, so I am not sure if that coin section holds coins well. The only con for me is that it doesn't have enough card slots, so if I go shopping and need all my storecards, I will change to my insolite wallet. So If you dont carry lots of cards with you all the time, it is very practical wallet and really stunning as well. Hope it helps. Good luck:smile:

View attachment 2701093

This is my Marie-Lou wallet. I used it for couple of weeks so far. I like the tri folder wallet so I really enjoy using it and I always use coin pouch for all my coins, so I am not sure if that coin section holds coins well. The only con for me is that it doesn't have enough card slots, so if I go shopping and need all my storecards, I will change to my insolite wallet. So If you dont carry lots of cards with you all the time, it is very practical wallet and really stunning as well. Hope it helps. Good luck:smile:

Thank you for the info! I have been thinking about the cc slot thing a lot and I do carry many cards with me but usually just use about 6-8 cards mostly and others only when I visit certain stores etc so I think 8 slots would be fine to me.

I have the Marie-Lou long wallet and really like it. I do not use it that often for a couple reasons:
1. I am more of a "zippy girl" and prefer the functionality of the zippy.
2. I usually match my wallet to my bags and got this one to match my neverfull epi in indigo, but I don't use that bag very often.

I don't think there is any issue with the number of credit card slots. I do really like the easy access to the cards in the front flap. I'm not a big fan of the snap for the coin pocket. So far, it hasn't been a problem, but if you carry a good amount of coins, it might be annoying.

I will take pix later of the wallet filled.

I have the Marie-Lou long wallet and really like it. I do not use it that often for a couple reasons:
1. I am more of a "zippy girl" and prefer the functionality of the zippy.
2. I usually match my wallet to my bags and got this one to match my neverfull epi in indigo, but I don't use that bag very often.

I don't think there is any issue with the number of credit card slots. I do really like the easy access to the cards in the front flap. I'm not a big fan of the snap for the coin pocket. So far, it hasn't been a problem, but if you carry a good amount of coins, it might be annoying.

I will take pix later of the wallet filled.

Thanks for the reply and photos would be greatly appreciated! :smile: Why do you think your zippy is more functional than the Marie-Lou?

I have a Marie Lou wallet in color Citron(bright yellow). It has been sold out everywhere. When I b ought it, it was not a planned purchase. I stepped into a LV boutique and immediately fell in love with it.

It has 8 card slots, a coin pocket, several places to place the check and cash and receipts. The best thing about it, it can be a travel clutch.

It has a pocket that has enough room to hold the passport. I've always brought it with me when I travel. It can place every thing in when you travel internationally. And it is has the just right bright epi color, so you will never forget it in the airport security tray. It is really versatile and stylish. It actually the only LV purse in use, among all 4 LV purses that I own.

If there is anything I would complain about it, that is the card slot. It only has 8 card slots. I usually have more than 20 cards and it can't hold all of them. Hope this helps.

I have a Marie Lou wallet in color Citron(bright yellow). It has been sold out everywhere. When I b ought it, it was not a planned purchase. I stepped into a LV boutique and immediately fell in love with it.

It has 8 card slots, a coin pocket, several places to place the check and cash and receipts. The best thing about it, it can be a travel clutch.

It has a pocket that has enough room to hold the passport. I've always brought it with me when I travel. It can place every thing in when you travel internationally. And it is has the just right bright epi color, so you will never forget it in the airport security tray. It is really versatile and stylish. It actually the only LV purse in use, among all 4 LV purses that I own.

If there is anything I would complain about it, that is the card slot. It only has 8 card slots. I usually have more than 20 cards and it can't hold all of them. Hope this helps.
http://bbs.wenxuecity.com/upload/album/8c/0a/5e/823a66b27562.jpg

See two most lovely color

Wow, it looks beeeautiful with the citron epi!! I was thinking about the coral but it looks kind of lame next to the citron :biggrin: It's also a very good thing that it can hold a passport, a fact I didn't even think about! And I travel abroad a couple times a year! In which of the pockets do you keep your passport?

Wow, it looks beeeautiful with the citron epi!! I was thinking about the coral but it looks kind of lame next to the citron :biggrin: It's also a very good thing that it can hold a passport, a fact I didn't even think about! And I travel abroad a couple times a year! In which of the pockets do you keep your passport?

It is the pocket inside, under the card slots. I know, once I saw the citron, I just cant get my eyes off it. It is gorgeous.

Let me share a fengshui story. In Asian culture, yellow attracts money. That's why the gold iphone 5 was oversold. Red is not a good color for wallet. It pushes you to spend more according to fengshui. I kinda agree to it, so I never used my Indian Rose Vernis Zippy wallet.