Marie Claire's January issue features Joan Rivers' bag

DesigningStyle

I left my heart in Sicily.
O.G.
Dec 20, 2006
Hi H ladies and gents! Marie Claire's January issue features Joan Rivers on the "In the Bag" page and she notes that her bag is the Kelly. Sure looks like a Birkin to me! Am I right or is she?

Attachments

• Kelly.jpg
    Kelly.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 1,478
You would think that at least MC would not do this kind of mistake. But maybe they were in a hurry to get the edition on print and they didn't have any kelly pictures (which I highly doubt but could also be true) and they wanted SOMETHING from Hermes there.

And no :P I don't work for MC!

one would think that a fashion magazine would understand the difference between two very different and iconic bags. that ish is basic. I'm sure that with them being a fashion magazine there are some pictures of a kelly on file.

Maybe the picture is wrong? I say this because a friend told me about this feature in MC magazine, and she says that Joan is carrying her mother's Kelly bag. I don't know that Joan's mother would have been around when Birkins were introduced.

I see people get Kellys and Birkins mixed up a lot but I think it's fairly inexcusable for a fashion magazine. It must have just been an oversight but it's a fairly large one considering it's a non-croc Birkin rather than a croc Kelly as stated. Maybe they photographed several of her bags but ended up using that quote and got mixed up about which bag to put in? Either way, really sloppy.

Wow, that's inexcusable for a fashion magazine! I wonder if they changed the photo last minute and forgot to change the text. Several years ago, another magazine incorrectly labeled a Birkin as a Kelly. I think it was the now defunct Shop, Etc. if I remember correctly.

This is a very common mistake in Italian fashion magazines, and every time I want to write the director and tell him/her about it! I think that people working for a fashion magazine should recognize a Birkin from a Kelly.

inexcusable. maybe there is a photo of her holding her mom's kelly (which sounds lovely) but I am tired of so-called fashion publications mixing the two bags. such an obvious error.