Marie Claire's January issue features Joan Rivers' bag

I tried to rationalize it. She always carries a schleppy Birkin. She remembers with love her Mother's Kelly. I don't think, even, Joan Rivers, would put a steak sandwich in her Kelly. I have a feeling that Birkin may have been a gift from Melissa. I had to laugh about the earrings. My grandmother had the real deal but traveled with fakes. She said, "On me, they'll think it's real!"

I just got this issue a few days ago and when I first saw that page I had to read it twice just to make sure *I* hadn't gotten it wrong! I probably wouldn't have thought twice about it if it weren't a fashion magazine.

It's not a Kelly, and from the photo it doesn't look like it's croc. But there is a watch around the handle. So maybe the interviewer just got it all mixed up. Maybe Joan was talking about her mom's croc Kelly and about wearing a Birkin with a watch around the handle.
I still remember years ago someone on tpf said that her husband couldn't tell her Kellys and Birkins apart. This was very handy for her because so long as they were the same color he thought she had only bought one bag.

It's not a Kelly, and from the photo it doesn't look like it's croc. But there is a watch around the handle. So maybe the interviewer just got it all mixed up. Maybe Joan was talking about her mom's croc Kelly and about wearing a Birkin with a watch around the handle.
I still remember years ago someone on tpf said that her husband couldn't tell her Kellys and Birkins apart. This was very handy for her because so long as they were the same color he thought she had only bought one bag.

:lol:I rememeber that too! A very lucky woman!:P