Margot Robbie

jooa

Oct 23, 2011
I think that it's time for thread about her :smile:

Margot covers Marie Claire US, March 2015, photographed by Beau Grealy.
margot-robbie-marie-claire-march-2015-02.jpg
Some quoteas from the paper:
For a while there, it was fashionable to complain that there are no real movie stars anymore, that Hollywood just doesn't make them the way it used to. Then, filmgoers woke up on Christmas morning 2013, and there was Margot Robbie.
Offering up a transfixing big-screen debut as Naomi Lapaglia in The Wolf of Wall Street, the 24-year-old Australian played everything from coquettish to madcap to totally unhinged—in the thickest New York accent this side of the Pulaski Skyway, no less, and while periodically nude. Not only did she hold her own opposite Leonardo DiCaprio, she damn near stole the movie with a career-defining performance that summoned the glamorous ghosts of Grace Kelly and Kim Novak. "Something about her feels timeless," notes John Requa, who, with his writing-directing partner Glenn Ficarra, cast her opposite Will Smith in their upcoming crime caper Focus, out February 27. "We haven't had a star like this in a long time."
After all, it's not every actor who can deliver a line like "Mommy's just so sick and tired of wearing panties..." and walk away with her dignity intact. "With a lot of things in acting," Robbie says of playing Naomi, "if you do it half-assed, it just looks stupid. So I was like, I'm going to go all out and own it."
On her look: "I know that my look is more 'toothpaste model' as opposed to artsy, which sucks because I can play those roles."
On her lifestyle: "I have a normal 24-year-old life. If I were a waitress, I'd probably have the exact same lifestyle. I'd go to the same clubs I go to already, live in the same house with the same housemates, hang out with the same people."
On her love life: "I am officially off the market…I made a conscious decision not to date actors, but not because I hate actors. That's a nasty generalization to make, and that's not the case…People take such an interest in your love life when you have a profile that it puts a lot of stress on a relationship. So two people with profiles, I figure it's just double the amount of scrutiny, and I'd like to avoid that at all costs."
On her bad habits: "When I eat, I have to chop up everything on the plate and stir it all together. It devastates my mom. Everyone at the table is like, 'That looks like cat vomit.' And I stir my Coke with a spoon until it's flat."
On attending an elite private school though money was scarce: "It was weird because a lot of my friends were very wealthy. It was interesting to see what you can have in life and know what it was like not to have it. It makes you very ambitious. It seemed horrible at the time, but I'm grateful I had it that way, because I knew what I wanted to achieve."
On her attitude: "I'm so overly optimistic to a fault, but this job has made me start questioning people's motives…I have never been a cynical person. I'd rather trust nine people and have the 10th one stab me in the back. I'd take that fall in order to have those nine friendships or working relationships instead of having none. That's not living."
... and some photos:
1423232732-screen_shot_2015-02-06_at_92517_am.pnggallery_nrm_1423091925-margot_1.jpg
source: http://www.marieclaire.com/celebrity/news/a13235/exclusive-sneak-peek-margot-robbie/

Last edited:
teller_robbie_2015_sci-techs.jpg
Academy Sci-Tech Awards: Women Stand To Make a Point and Margot Robbie Soars

Over the years, the Academy’s Scientific & Technical Awards banquet has been called many things: warm, intimate, classy and, at its best, emotional.
But one description that has never been associated with the Sci-Techs is “a hoot.”
Until tonight.
For 2015 the Sci-Techs traded a smidgen of elegance for a few megawatts of electricity, much of it provided by Margot Robbie.
Robbie co-hosted the presentation with Miles Teller, and the pair bantered like a comedy team. Both had moments to shine and each got laughs, but it was Robbie who stole the show, bringing a loose charm and infectious energy to her hosting duties. She turned what could have been a laborious litany of technical jargon into a lively and sometimes uproarious evening.
Some 59 individuals were honored at the banquet. One of the early presentations showed why the Sci-Techs can be endearing: As honoree Steven Tiffen stepped up to accept an Award of Commendation, a voice shouted “That’s my dad!” Tiffen smiled and said “That’s my son,” adding “Third generation Tiffen in the business.”
The acceptances — as usual — comprised a parade of men thanking their wives and girlfriends. Almost 50 had been to the podium before the first and only female honoree of the night made her way to the stage: Colette Mullenhoff, one of four honorees cited for the Industrial Light & Magic Shape Sculpting System.
They were met with the night’s loudest cheers and a standing ovation led by — but not limited to — the women in the audience. Nobody had to ask why. Robbie was among the femmes cheering, as she held her hands high to clap and the audience roared.
Teller quipped “We’re breaking down barriers here.” Mullenhoff appeared humbled and a bit shaken by the reception.
There were laughs and bittersweet moments at the podium as well. Ron Fedkiw, honored with Brice Criswell for the ILM PhysBAM Destruction System, thanked “all the supervillains and giant monsters that like to destroy stuff — and keep us in business.”
Scott Peterson, one of four honorees for the Dreamworks Animation Foliage System, dedicated the award to Pacific Data Images, the Bay Area animation facility recently closed in DWA’s cutbacks. “(PDI) made this possible by creating an institution where art and science combined to create beautiful images.” His co-honoree Jeff Budsberg said of the laid-off PDI artists: “My heart goes out to them.”
Two Oscar statuettes were presented. The Academy Award of Merit went to Larry Hornbeck for the invention of the digital micromirrors that form the heart of DLP cinema projectors.
Hornbeck said “My father taught me by example to ask the question ‘Why?’ and go out and find the answer.” He added “I humbly accept this award on behalf of every engineer who ever had a dream of doing anything.”
The second Oscar and final award of the night went to sound expert David Gray, the Gordon E. Sawyer honoree. Gray warned the audience he would speak at some length, saying “This is only going to happen to me once, so I’m going to take advantage.” He recalled his time in the 1970s as a roadie for Steely Dan, the Kinks and Frank Zappa, recalling he once built Zappa a synthesizer to make a guitar sound like a french horn.
“It was horrible,” he said. “It was so stupid… But when we added about 20 percent distortion, the result was magical.”
Gray said he had a love for the film industry and especially a love of sound. “ I doubt I will ever be as proud,” he said, “and I’ll never be as excited as I am right now.”
The show was a departure from previous years in several ways. First, after a couple of years at the Beverly Hills Hotel, the event returned to the more spacious ballroom at the Beverly Wilshire. Academy governor Richard Edlund called the BevWilshire “our favorite venue” — about as close to criticism of the other venue as one would hear at the dignified Sci-Techs.
Gone was the usual live jazz combo for the event, replaced by a DJ playing a contemporary mix. And the hosts’ script was peppered with jokes, as if it had occurred to the event’s producers to take advantage of having two hosts — a relatively recent innovation.
And then there was Robbie, whose laughter and energy disarmed audience and honorees alike.
As Robbie introduced Open VDB, a system for efficiently storing “voxels” for 3-dimensional vfx rendering, started to laugh and confessed “I don’t know why this sounds so sexual to me,” eventually laughing so hard she had to leave the stage. Returning with a drink, and wiping tears of laughter from her eyes, she proposed a drinking game: a swig every time she said “voxel.”
After dessert, Greg LaSalle of Digital Domain brought a glass of wine to the podium for his acceptance “in case someone said ‘voxel.’” And, in faux dismay, cursed and took a drink.
Robbie also had several “geek” moments including noting the size difference between different classes of “Star Trek” starships. If the Australian beauty is indeed that much of a genre-lover, an entire generation of fanboys may be ruined for other women.
Teller and Robbie will appear on the main Oscarcast to recap the evening. She may not get the chance to charm that room as she did the Sci-Techs, but she earned a lot of admirers in the Academy and the tech community tonight.
source: http://variety.com/2015/artisans/ne...-awards-margo-robbie-miles-teller-1201427664/
More photos:
Miles Teller and Margot Robbie attend the Academy Of Motion Picture Arts And Sciences' Scientific And Technical Awards Ceremony at the Beverly Wilshire Four Seasons Hotel on February 7, 2015 in Beverly Hills, California.

Margot+Robbie+Academy+Motion+Picture+Arts+yoXD1ACfUf2l.jpgMargot+Robbie+Academy+Motion+Picture+Arts+P_c-JqCXiR3l.jpgMargot+Robbie+Academy+Motion+Picture+Arts+fRUAIHJ22w-l.jpgMargot+Robbie+Academy+Motion+Picture+Arts+32rjmtNFcR0l.jpg
source: zimbio.com

Margot new film 'Focus' opens in theaters on February 27th. Official synopsis
Will Smith stars as Nicky, a seasoned master of misdirection who becomes romantically involved with novice con artist Jess (Margot Robbie). As he’s teaching her the tricks of the trade, she gets too close for comfort and he abruptly breaks it off. Three years later, the former flame—now an accomplished femme fatale—shows up in Buenos Aires in the middle of the high stakes racecar circuit. In the midst of Nicky’s latest, very dangerous scheme, she throws his plans for a loop…and the consummate con man off his game.
posters
focus_ver3.jpg
focus_ver4.jpg
focus.jpg
focus_ver5.jpg
and trailer

source: collider.com; impawards.com