Marco Polo Tote all leather?

njtosc

Sep 2, 2006
I bought a vintage BV tote on eBay. The seller described it as pebbled leather. I thought all Marco Polos were PVC or treated canvas. I did send it back and she refunded my money. However, she says she did some research and it is all leather. I don't want the bag back, but I am curious if she's right. It is a tiny pebbled diamond shape design in black with brown leather trim.
Did Marco Polo bags ever come in all leather?

I didn't think the MP line was all leather, but I could be wrong. I thought the trim and handles were leather, but not the body--the textured areas that you described.

You can wait for jburgh or Baggiana to comment or PM Miss_FancyBags. I wish I had BV knowledge on her scale but that'll never happen.

There are others here with a wealth of BV historical knowledge but they might not check every thread as often as some of us do.

I've seen these bags IRL and they're not leather. Some people think they are leather, though. The straps are usually leather, but the body of the bag isn't. Several years ago, I did speak to a lady who had a marco polo bag and she said that it was very durable and she preferred it to the LV canvas.