Marcie vs. Paraty. Challenge! And the winner is...

Hm, can you easily wear the Paraty on your shoulder using the shorter handles? That's the only feature that has me leaning more toward the Marcie (functionally) but I really love the Paraty more!

I often wear my paraty on my shoulder with the short handles, but only over a shirt or sweater, they won't fit over a thick coat. At times the outer handle falls off my shoulder, but I still wear it that way because I love the option! I know I have modeling pics of me wearing mine that way in the "all about paraty" thread - look in the reference library, then "all about paraty". I found pictures with it on my shoulder in posts number 66 & 68. I do not have the black one anymore - wah I miss it....it was nice. I just loved the caramel color on me better.

It does fit over the shoulders but not comfortably, unless you use the long strap, if you like more of a shoulder bag then I would go with the Marcie, I got a Paraty for Christmas but always have to use the long strap!

Its from 2010, here is a pic:

View attachment 1511529

Its quite a raspberry red, vivid but not in your face. Its my most complimented bag, because of the gorgeous colour.

You have a lovely Chloe collection! Trying to decide whether to get a Marcie cross body next, or a small hobo.

Wow, what a gorgeous bag! Is this the small Marcie satchel or med? I'm a newbie to Chloe bags and flipping through online pics like mad.

Last edited:
Hi guys - i just purchased a medium marcie and i find that the cross body strap is a little short. (17.5 inches). Does anyone else have this issue?
Maybe it's because i'm 5'7...but i like the bag to sit on my hip and not just below my chest....
Just wondering if Chloe sells a longer strap separately....anyone know?

Thanks!!

aperiox said:
Hm, can you easily wear the Paraty on your shoulder using the shorter handles? That's the only feature that has me leaning more toward the Marcie (functionally) but I really love the Paraty more!

For me the handles are not comfortable on the shoulder, the straps are way too short you will have to use the longer straps!
I have both the med. Paraty and large hobo and the hobo is a perfect shoulder bag.

i recently purchased a light grey marcie from ******. (erica) i wasn't disappointed! i'm totally in love with the bag. so elegantly made inside and out! my next buy is a black pebbled medium paraty! :cloud9:

i recently purchased a light grey marcie from ******. (erica) i wasn't disappointed! i'm totally in love with the bag. so elegantly made inside and out! my next buy is a black pebbled medium paraty! :cloud9:

Oh congrats!

You're making me wonder about the med black pebbled paraty locally!? I was planning on holding out for a med Rock paraty but it may never show up. Importing is very expensive with extra duty & taxes.

Oh congrats!

You're making me wonder about the med black pebbled paraty locally!? I was planning on holding out for a med Rock paraty but it may never show up. Importing is very expensive with extra duty & taxes.

The medium denim paraty is a beautiful rich gray. I've seen it in person and I'm sure you'll love it. Of course, a black pebbled paraty is a classic and it'll go a long way! :cool:

The medium denim paraty is a beautiful rich gray. I've seen it in person and I'm sure you'll love it. Of course, a black pebbled paraty is a classic and it'll go a long way! :cool:

I believe it. Although I don't normally do blue handbags, I saw a tPF member's denim paraty pics...gorgeous blue-grey!

And yes, how can anyone go wrong with classic (gorgeous) black paraty? I should be so lucky! I'm happy to discover that the Paraty bag is not *marked* up extra here in Canada but the Marcie bags are a bit (but not crazy like Bottega Veneta). This means that the store already paid duty and I just have to pay sales tax.

This is what makes it harder for me to order the med Rock Paraty from Nordstrom. The starting price is $1895 USD, converted it becomes $19xx CAD, then there's duty & sales taxes & a bit of shipping on top. It really adds up!

Oh congrats!

the rock paraty is beautiful! yes taxes are very expensive :sad: maybe you could ask someone to buy it for you in the US