Marcie Small vs Medium?

QueenLouis

O.G.
Mar 6, 2007
Hi, another stupid question from a Chloe' novice.

Is there actually a difference between the Marcie Small and Medium satchels or are they just called different things depending on the store? Measurements seem to vary for the same bag depending on the website and some websites only seem to have large & small, and some seem to only have large & medium. I have searched threads about Marcie and it seems like a lot of people are referring to the bags as "small/medium", leading me to wonder if there are really just 2 sizes of Marcie satchel, just large and small/medium vs 3 sizes in small, medium and large.

So confused.:shrugs:

Thanks in advance!

Is there actually a difference between the Marcie Small and Medium satchels or are they just called different things depending on the store? Measurements seem to vary for the same bag depending on the website and some websites only seem to have large & small, and some seem to only have large & medium. I have searched threads about Marcie and it seems like a lot of people are referring to the bags as "small/medium", leading me to wonder if there are really just 2 sizes of Marcie satchel, just large and small/medium vs 3 sizes in small, medium and large.

Thanks in advance!

So glad you brought this up...I just spent at least an hour researching this on the 'net last night...

What I found at least is that the Marcie satchel comes in either Large or Small... The satchel is the squarish bottom with a long shoulder strap and can be used cross body and 2 straps.

The Marcie Hobo comes in Medium only, this one has only one strap, no shoulder strap for cross body use.

If someone out there has one or both of the Marcie please correct the above and could you share your thoughts on the either/both of the bags? How's the weight? Leather?

I have a Chloe Heloise hobo in Honey (butternut?) from 3-4(?) seasons ago...the closest color today is Safari but the leather finish is different. The safari is more matte and I can't really compare... The closest Nordstrom to me is a smallish one and their inventory is very limited and kind of sad.

Last edited:
P.S. QueenLouis there is also a Marcie mini shoulder bag. And I think the Large Marcie has no long shoulder strap.

Anyways... I am enjoying myself "window shopping" on the different store websites.

As you see I am a bit obsessed about this bag (for now, maybe a good nights sleep will clear the mind). I did more research and this is what I came up with: (I included a couple each of LV and Mulberry just for size comparison.)

Attachments

• Compare-Chloe-LV-Mulb.jpg
    Compare-Chloe-LV-Mulb.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 2,726

Thanks in advance!

Marcie hobos come in small, medium, and large. I believe it is the same for the satchel - although large has no shoulder strap and medium comes with or without it. I find that saks doesn't always use the proper name, and each site approximates its own measurements so there could be slight differences between them. Also, if they are like the paraty, the size has varied slightly over years. Another thought is that the small is actually the mini (I'm certain there's a size smaller than medium). I am new to chloe and may not be entirely correct, but HTH

As you see I am a bit obsessed about this bag (for now, maybe a good nights sleep will clear the mind). I did more research and this is what I came up with: (I included a couple each of LV and Mulberry just for size comparison.)

The issue I'm seeing are varying sizes depending on the website, to the point that I can't tell if what one site is calling the small satchel with strap might be exactly the same bag another site is calling the medium satchel with strap. The medium satchel (without a strap) does seem to have a bigger measurement than the small/medium with strap.

And I'm seeing what appears to be the exact same bag style being called both a Marcie Satchel and a Marcie Shoulder Bag.

Basically, I want THIS bag!

image-3384938076.jpg

Popped into the Nordies near my house and was able to try on the small satchel with strap and large satchel. The large is ridiculously overwhelming. The small (as they define it) will suit me fine. They had the hobo in tan, so I was able to confirm I like tan in person, and the hobo won't suit me. Buuuuuut they also had a medium Paraty in brown sugar... and I think I might be going back after my errands to get it.

The leather on ALL was scrumptious!

Popped into the Nordies near my house and was able to try on the small satchel with strap and large satchel. The large is ridiculously overwhelming. The small (as they define it) will suit me fine. They had the hobo in tan, so I was able to confirm I like tan in person, and the hobo won't suit me. Buuuuuut they also had a medium Paraty in brown sugar... and I think I might be going back after my errands to get it.

The leather on ALL was scrumptious!

I'm glad you posted this! I will be getting my first Marcie in a couple of weeks when I get my bonus at work, and I've been debating between large and small (or medium) satchel. I don't live anywhere near a dept. store that carries Chloe bags :sad: so I have no option to try them on, thus I've been doing online research etc. about size. I finally came to the conclusion last week that even though I love large bags, and I am tall (5'8) the large will just be too big for me! It seems that the small/medium is still quite roomy... I hope!

I'm glad you posted this! I will be getting my first Marcie in a couple of weeks when I get my bonus at work, and I've been debating between large and small (or medium) satchel. I don't live anywhere near a dept. store that carries Chloe bags :sad: so I have no option to try them on, thus I've been doing online research etc. about size. I finally came to the conclusion last week that even though I love large bags, and I am tall (5'8) the large will just be too big for me! It seems that the small/medium is still quite roomy... I hope!

I have a bonus burning a hole in my pocket too. Our payout was a month ago. :smile:

I recently spent a lot of hours looking into this same thing. The chloe marcie satchel I believe at one time came in 3 different sizes: small with cross body strap, medium no cross-body strap, and large. However, it seems that they only now sell 2 sizes: the small/medium which has a cross body strap and the large. Rachel Bilson is for sure not carrying the large! Hope this helps.

Thanks in advance!

I know I am totally late to this since you already bought the paraty, but just thought I'd link a helpful pic I found on this forum.

The marcie satchel comes in small, medium, and large. Large is pretty large and can be overwhelming. But the small and medium are very similar in size and are sometimes used interchangeably by merchants and shoppers alike. The true small comes with the crossbody strap, while the true medium does not. The true medium is slightly larger than the small w/strap (which has also been called the small/medium with strap). confusing I know! But this picture should help illustrate. http://forum.purseblog.com/chloe/new-here-confused-about-marcie-sizes-please-help-785357.html#post23332468

I know I am totally late to this since you already bought the paraty, but just thought I'd link a helpful pic I found on this forum.

The marcie satchel comes in small, medium, and large. Large is pretty large and can be overwhelming. But the small and medium are very similar in size and are sometimes used interchangeably by merchants and shoppers alike. The true small comes with the crossbody strap, while the true medium does not. The true medium is slightly larger than the small w/strap (which has also been called the small/medium with strap). confusing I know! But this picture should help illustrate. http://forum.purseblog.com/chloe/new-here-confused-about-marcie-sizes-please-help-785357.html#post23332468

Thank you so much for that info & link. That does clear up my suspicions. Don't worry, it was not wasted info. I'm sure there is a Marcie in my (not too distant) future. ;)