marcie satchel or hobo?

Please help me choose my first designer bag! :biggrin:

large marcie hobo in tan
large marcie hobo in nut

large marcie satchel in tan
large marcie satchel in red grape

or any suggestions? :smile:

I'm a student so I'll be carrying the bag on my shoulder and not on my arm most of the time. I also need suggestions for a classic color that will last me a very long time.

Hobo or Satchel in tan!

I just got the Large Marcie Tan Hobo, and love it to pieces. I like the look of the Satchel but I just didn't want to deal with fixing the handle off the shoulder problem I tend to have with 2 handle over the shoulder bag.

I'd vote for the large satchel in Tan.

But then again, you might want to reconsider choosing a Chloe bag for school since they have quite thick leather. I have 3 Chloe bags and to be honest with you, they could be pretty heavy to carry around especially when fully stuffed. I can't imagine carrying around heavy books with me in chloe bags. My shoulder would be in extreme pain at the end of the day. Anyway, that is just my opinion.

I'd vote for the large satchel in Tan.

But then again, you might want to reconsider choosing a Chloe bag for school since they have quite thick leather. I have 3 Chloe bags and to be honest with you, they could be pretty heavy to carry around especially when fully stuffed. I can't imagine carrying around heavy books with me in chloe bags. My shoulder would be in extreme pain at the end of the day. Anyway, that is just my opinion.

I agree. These suckers are gorgeous, but I think they are all heavy. :biggrin:

Agree with both the girls - definitely a large satchel as they don't seem to slouch the way the hobos do so it is more suited for books etc as long as you won't have it hanging on your arm as my hobo is definitely heavy on the shoulder when full!. You can't go wrong with tan or red grape - both are great choices. Have you made a decision on which to get yet?!

Please help me choose my first designer bag! :biggrin:

large marcie hobo in tan
large marcie hobo in nut

large marcie satchel in tan
large marcie satchel in red grape

or any suggestions? :smile:

I'm a student so I'll be carrying the bag on my shoulder and not on my arm most of the time. I also need suggestions for a classic color that will last me a very long time.
I'd go with the Satchel, in fact, I just bought one in tan a few weeks ago..... love it. But, I won't recommend either one as a school tote.

Hi there. I work for Chloe (just joined TPF because everyone keeps talking about it)...
I would suggest the satchel because it's much easier to get in and out of... My vote is for tan.. =) It goes with everything!!!

You are so lucky!! I wish I could afford this when I was in college...

Hi there. I work for Chloe (just joined TPF because everyone keeps talking about it)...
I would suggest the satchel because it's much easier to get in and out of... My vote is for tan.. =) It goes with everything!!!

Shari!! Welcome!! I think I could speak for all of us when I say WE ARE SO EXCITED TO WELCOME YOU! How fun to have someone aboard who has such up close and intimate knowledge of our favorite designer. Not to mention you seem just lovely. :biggrin:

Hope you have a wonderful time on here!

My mom's birthday gift and she's allowing me to choose :smile: Thank you so much for your opinion!

Shari!! Welcome!! I think I could speak for all of us when I say WE ARE SO EXCITED TO WELCOME YOU! How fun to have someone aboard who has such up close and intimate knowledge of our favorite designer. Not to mention you seem just lovely. :biggrin:

Hope you have a wonderful time on here!
Thank you so very much. I am really loving this community. Everyone is so open and friendly!!! Yes, I am more than happy to assist you with questions about collections, colors, etc. I look forward to spending more time on TPF. =)

I am wondering how uncomfortable it is to open that zippered flap every time you want to grab something from the bag. I almost bought it but then I realized it is a very clumsy zipper. Especially if you have it opened the whole way, it becomes almost impossible to zip it up again if its on your shoulder. I open and close my bag 10 times a minute. The sales lady told me that people who buy this bag just keep the zipper open always...

I dont know if I was able to explain myself....

This is the bag I am talking about, it is really gorgeous I am actually very upset I couldnt buy it :sad:

http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/164171