Marcie Satchel or Hobo?!!!

Jun 6, 2010
Hello all,

With all the designer sales going on, I was lucky enough to score a large Marcie satchel and a large Marcie Hobo. However I am only going to pick one to keep. Which one should I keep? Satchel or hobo ? Opinions are greatly appreciated! Thank you!

What color(s) are they? Does the satchel have the detachable strap? If it does, I'd say keep the satchel -- I'm a big fan of that bag both in looks and function!

I have a Marcie Medium Braided Satchel. I love it and am thinking of adding a Hobo in teal.
I wanted to know if anyone who has the hobo can tell me if you think an iPad, along with the usual stuff (wallet, cosmetic case, etc.) can fit comfortably into the hobo.

Thanks in advance. I am finding that I really need bags that can accomodate the iPad, along with the rest of my stuff.

The hobo is a large bag. You can fit a lot of stuff in it, including the ipad.

Just a warning that the hobo and satchel will get heavy with the ipad and other things in it. You should try the bag on.

The Ipad fits a large hobo...
I own both, hobo and satchel and actually I prefere the hobo...but personally I probably would keep the Satchel because I would prefere tan...not really helpful...:shrugs:

I prefer the look of the hobo! I would get a satchel though, only because I need a crossbody bag for everyday - better for city cycling, getting groceries, etc. The hobo is more droolworthy in terms of appearance IMHO

I am going to go into Nordstrom and try on the hobo and also see if everything I need fits the hobo. I really like the look.

One of the problems I am having is that I love my Braided Marcie Satchel, but I believe it's a medium and most of the satchels I see in the stores now are small sized. I really don't want anything smaller than that medium Marcie. It is the perfect size for me. I really wish they would offer that medium size in a wider range of colors. It is kind of like the Paraty. I love the large size, the medium is too small for me, but it is getting more and more difficult to find the larger size.

I prefer the look of the hobo! I would get a satchel though, only because I need a crossbody bag for everyday - better for city cycling, getting groceries, etc. The hobo is more droolworthy in terms of appearance IMHO

The only site I have seen the large satchel with a strap is at bluefly.com.
However I am not sure if wearing the strap would be be too long since the bag is already really large...

I have a Marcie Medium Braided Satchel. I love it and am thinking of adding a Hobo in teal.
I wanted to know if anyone who has the hobo can tell me if you think an iPad, along with the usual stuff (wallet, cosmetic case, etc.) can fit comfortably into the hobo.

Thanks in advance. I am finding that I really need bags that can accomodate the iPad, along with the rest of my stuff.

I've got the hobo and absolutely adore it. I can confirm that the iPad definitely fits in without any problems. Still room left for the usual stuff. :biggrin::smile: