~MARCH/APRIL~ our new Bal babies..please show!

• Love
Reactions: LostInBal
I’ve had a couple 03 red bags (city - former, weekender - current) and they both look closer to the bottom MU. The city was sliiightly darker than the WE, but I’d say both leaned very close to 05 RT.

From comparison pics I’ve seen, I think that the difference between 03/04 reds is that 03 was the more berry between the two, w 04 having less blue undertones.

Is it possible that your original is an 03 and the new is an 04?!
that's how it appears at first blush, but the 04 came with a 04 tag. Compared to my 03 Red first, both are a less deep shade. I suspect both MUs are from 04, with one being more used and darkened than the other. The inside leather tag on both areView attachment 5738042 the same shade.

I have an 03 red clutch and an 04 red city. When I showed them to Cory at RDC, she said my 04 looks more like an 03, which I agree. She thought that maybe in those early years some of the first runs of years might’ve had some of the dye from the previous year. So, Deco, maybe that’s the case with your MU that came with the 04 card that looks more like an 03.
From the pictures you showed, the red with more orange is a typical 04 and the red with more blue is a typical 03, which 05 RT was modeled after. But agreed that you probably have 2 04s and maybe one of them has a little dye from 03.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deco and Conni618
I have an 03 red MU and an 04 red city. When I showed them to Cory at RDC, she said my 04 looks more like an 03, which I agree. She thought that maybe in those early years some of the first runs of years might’ve had some of the dye from the previous year. So, Deco, maybe that’s the case with your MU that came with the 04 card that looks more like an 03.
From the pictures you showed, the red with more orange is a typical 04 and the red with more blue is a typical 03, which 05 RT was modeled after. But agreed that you probably have 2 04s and maybe one of them has a little dye from 03.
This too from Corey...just FYI.

Since truth is crazier than fiction, there were actual real Balenciaga bags from late 2003 and early 2004 that came with a paper card that stated "2003 3 ..." and the interior tag was the "C" serif font. I've seen two S/S '04 True Red bags that came with cards stating F/W 2003 but they are not the '03 red color.

My 6th :doh: Bal leather jacket (7th if you count the non-moto aviator leather jacket) and in a color I never imagined buying. But it was oversized (size 44) and less than $150!!!! And it shows up looking brand spanking new. No signs of wear, and original tags still attached. I do love a score so much.:hbeat:

Attachments

• 0CF3B09A-86E4-4E82-A8E6-6A91F7AFCD24.jpeg
    0CF3B09A-86E4-4E82-A8E6-6A91F7AFCD24.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 29
My 6th :doh: Bal leather jacket (7th if you count the non-moto aviator leather jacket) and in a color I never imagined buying. But it was oversized (size 44) and less than $150!!!! And it shows up looking brand spanking new. No signs of wear, and original tags still attached. I do love a score so much.:hbeat:
Congrats, I like the colour!

• Thanks
Reactions: Deco
Impulsively bought this Papier and it arrived today.. I loveee the colour and the slouch..the leather feels yummy too! Not sure what color this is tho'.. I just wish the handles were a tiny bit longer! They barely sit on my shoulders with my puffy winter coat.. Can't wait for the weather to get warmer!

View attachment 5738858

View attachment 5738859
I love the papier leather. and this color :loveeyes:

• Love
Reactions: nisattas
What an amazing find! Congrats :heart: Really nice color.

The poorly named pearly bronze arrived, looking so freaking awesome it can get away with a bad name.

Also metallic pumpkin shoulder version 2. Don’t know the official name of this style, but it’s a flatter, more straight-edged version of the shoulder. I so love this little nugget. Now I’m glad the deadbeat sadist PM seller never shipped out the metallic pumpkin MU, because I like this style more.

813F925E-4D61-491B-9F23-0C6599E866DD.jpeg

80122F1F-21E7-4BFB-AD34-0CDF10C09E02.jpeg

The poorly named pearly bronze arrived, looking so freaking awesome it can get away with a bad name.

Also metallic pumpkin shoulder version 2. Don’t know the official name of this style, but it’s a flatter, more straight-edged version of the shoulder. I so love this little nugget. Now I’m glad the deadbeat sadist PM seller never shipped out the metallic pumpkin MU, because I like this style more.

View attachment 5739869

View attachment 5739870
Great score!

View attachment 5739869

View attachment 5739870
Oh wow! Don't get me wrong, the bronze one is very sumptuous, but the metallic pumpkin bag is absolutely stunning:woot: Congratulations!

• Thanks