Marc, Marc, Marc.. are you running out of ideas?

ayla

nyan nyan percent
O.G.
Oct 19, 2005
If any ladies have been checking out the new items on elux, you would have already seen the new Marc Jacobs bags, but if not, here's a quick look.

Here's the Bridgette:
p10944865_ph_hero.jpg

All I could see, when I saw this on Jessica Simpson's arm was.. oh hey, it's a Speedy with studs and tassels.

Then there's the tote:
p10944902_ph_hero.jpg

And the only thought that was running through my head was.. hey, that's a sac plat with studs.. and tassels and a buckle.

So what do you think, Marc Jacobs liberating ideas from the classic Vuitton shapes, or I'm just too LV obsessed and I just see it everywhere ? :shame:

I find myself becoming less enamored with more recent Marc Jacobs bags...I saw the perforated bags this past weekend, and really hated them in person.

As much as I love LV, I can't say I really like what Marc is doing with it. The buckles like the Koala clasp were cute on wallets and bags, but every time I see one, I can't help thinking that he just ran out of ideas and decided to borrow the buckle idea from his own eponymous line. For example, I think the Manhattan PM is ridiculously cute, but to me it resembles a Venetia. And the bags Ayla posted just shows that Marc Jacobs bags and Vuitton bags are becoming more and more similar, which to me is wrong because the two houses have entirely different histories.

Perhaps LV is influencing his own line ... but then again I have seen adverts for a couple of new ones - I know Uma Thurman has one - (not sure of the brand) that is a dead ringer for anything Chanel ... and I have recently seen a blue flap bag - again very Chanelesque.