Marc, Marc, Marc.. are you running out of ideas?

Talking about speedy....here is Speedy like Fendi
NMV6589_mp.jpg

Although I am not crazy about the perforated leather- I am still in love with the MJ Blake, Stella and Venetia bags- they are classic and (I hate to admit it) very practical!
:love:

Funny, I was at SouthCoast yesterday w/ intentions to purchase the LV Manhattan - because of the Marc Jacobs signature pocket/hardware. That seams to be the only LV I'm remotely interested in these days, maybe I am LV'd out.......hum...!
So instead, I bought 2 ISABELLA FIORE handbags for still less the price of that bag. She is my new drug of choice these days.

Agree with this thread and had the same thoughts! (This is my first post, btw.)

I guess when you take a headline designer and give him another line, he'll first port his best ideas from the original line into the new (pockets on the OUTSIDE = LV's Manhattan and Hudson) and then borrow from the new into his original (Sac Plat and Speedy in perf leather as posted).

I guess it's obvious, but it's sad. LV and Marc Jacobs are supposed to have different styles, no? Marc Jacobs is a preppy American line with bright, 'look at me' colors, seasonal shapes and styles and luxe leather while LV is classic French with VERY long-lived fabrics, toned down colors and timeless styles. They AREN'T supposed to be the same.

I hope they find another headline designer for LV soon or the line may morph into something too trendy...