Marc Jacobs...thoughts??

spanielpup

Feb 8, 2011
I always thought that Marc Jacobs, not Marc by Marc Jacobs, was considered one the higher end designers. However, looking on eBay, most of the stuff sells for around $50 which is way less than say Prada or Chole. Are there multiple levels to MJ brand or is it just not as high end as it is made out to be?

there's marc by marc jacobs, marc jacobs mainline and marc by marc by marc jacobs (sold at MBMJ boutique only)

the tags can be confusing too.
tags that say 'marc by marc jacobs' and 'marc jacobs' in a mixed white and grey font on black are the lower line...MARC JACOBS mainline is purely white font on black tag or vice versa.

MBMJ:
url

newer variation:
$(KGrHqYOKiwE5hhLRyDJBOmoGilYlg~~60_12.JPG

Screenshot2011-10-15at10709AM.png

MJ mainline
url

MJtag2.jpg

MARC JACOBS bags, for example, are priced above the 1000$ range while MARC BY MARC JACOBS are more affordable (though not cheap) and priced above the 250 - 300 $ range.

However I don't think that there are any MARC BY MARC JACOBS bags / wallets for only 50$.

Marc Jacobs and MbMJ clothing does not have much resell value on ebay, HOWEVER, that does not mean the quality or style is off. My closet is filled with MJ and MBMJ tops, cardigans, and coats. Besides my Tory Burch cardigans, I almost exclusively wear Marc by Marc Jacobs cardigans. I find both the MJ and MBMJ lines to have fantastic quality. June is spot-on with the tags, however it seems like MJ and MBMJ both sell for far below retail on ebay.

I love my Marc By Marc Jacobs clothes. I'm in love with his Miss Marc shirts and the Scaredy Cat stuff accessories. I have a few handbags both MBMJ a Marc Jacobs. I have to agree that the quality is great.