Marc Jacobs Sues Christian Audigier!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Thought this may interest some of you. :smile:

http://cocoperez.com/?from=PH&p=52123

Turns out Christian Audigier is getting hauled to court by Marc Jacobs over trademark infringement and trade dress over purse designs.
    Marc claims Audigier is selling tote bags that "bear trade dress that unlawfully copies or imitates Plantiffs' unique, distinctive and non-functional Marc Jacobs Pretty Nylon Tote Trade Dress and/or that unlawfully bear marks confusingly similar to the Marc Jacobs Scrambled Trademark".
    Whew, what a mouthful!
    Jacobs currently has a pending application for the Pretty Nylon tote for the Marc Jacobs scrambled trademark that's on the inside lining.
    To add insult to injury, Marc is also suing for unfair competition.
    Looks like Marc is taking the rhinestone-loving Audigier to the cleaners!

Read more: CocoPerez: Marc Jacobs Sues Christian Audigier! http://cocoperez.com/?from=PH&p=52123#ixzz0f2vlY7w2
    Where celebrity meets fashion!

2. I hope Marc wins!

3. i want to see ed hardy-fied version of the pretty nylon tote! :wtf:

4. ask and ye shall receive. thanks! it's just as glorious as i thought it would be!

[​IMG]

5. wow, that's a blatant ripoff! go, marc, go!

6. Thanks for sharing this! MJ for the win! :P

7. You read my mind!

8. it's a bag the jersey shore cast would love!

9. :lolots: :lolots: :lolots:

10. :lolots::roflmfao:

11. im really glad to see this because design patents are a new thing in the fashion industry. before, changing a design ever so much allowed people to slide by with knockoffs, even in court. but in the past few years (notice the new patent tags inside MJ bags??) designers have come together to work with the patent office to get more protection for their designs. im so glad to see they can now actually take action against this crap!

12. Blech... I threw up in my mouth a bit when I saw the Ed Hardy version. Gross... and definitely a blatant rip-off. I'm so sick of seeing Ed Hardy everywhere in LA, but that's irrelevant. Good luck MJ!

13. :lolots:

14. I am sick of seeing Ed Hardy period. I hope MJ wins!