marc jacobs/stam experts- difference between IVORY and WHITE CHIFFON?

i'm planning on getting it from saks. as of yesterday, they had the ivory little stam on sale for 30% at south coast plaza saks.

i haven't actually seen the ivory or white chiffon in person, only the ivory on websites...

i was intially looking for a white bag... hopefully the ivory will have to do b/c i love the shape/design of stam, not to mention the leather quality and details!

Oh I think you'll love the ivory! It's a great choice in color, but I may be a little biased! I was initially looking for a white bag too, but fell in love with the ivory color. However, I am STILL on the lookout for a stark-white bag. Ivory really is more of a cream, off-white color, it goes nicely with lots of colors!

wow, that's a great deal for a baby stam!

so which color are you leaning towards?

i am actually getting the ivory stam this weekend, but i've never seen the color in person... i thought it was more white (as seen from online) but i'm sure i will love it since i've been wanting a quilted stam for quite some time... can't wait!

I must admit that I'm not the most careful of gals, but the AG really does seem to be doing it's job. And FYI, I did use a thin layer of the condioner before I sprayed.

And yes! NICKS! I really can't imagine how else they got there. They're almost GRAY colored. I'm too scared to do anything to them besides rub gently with my fingertip. It's not that noticeable to anyone besides me, my FI thinks I'm insane for even noticing them at all. But they're definitely there! :yes:

ooooh, thanks for the tips, couturefemme! ill be sure to rub on some conditioner before spraying the AG.

you are not insane! we're entitled to obsess over everything about our purses for the effort that goes into choosing them and the price we pay! i will baby my stam like it is a human child. LOL. (shallow obsessing's allowed here right?! ;)

^^ Haha, I'd gladly cop to insanity if it's over a purse! I took some pictures of the nicks this morning before I left for work. I think I'll post them today after I watermark them. (That way, I can stop hijacking Saera's thread! Sorry Saera!!!)

Saera, I'm so happy you're going to get the little stam at such an awesome price! You have to post pics once you get it ok? That way, I can drool over it!

^^ Haha, I'd gladly cop to insanity if it's over a purse! I took some pictures of the nicks this morning before I left for work. I think I'll post them today after I watermark them. (That way, I can stop hijacking Saera's thread! Sorry Saera!!!)

Saera, I'm so happy you're going to get the little stam at such an awesome price! You have to post pics once you get it ok? That way, I can drool over it!

no no, thank you so much for your all the helpful info & tips!

i'm actually getting the big/regular stam... and i can't wait!!! it's my first marc jacobs bag and i've been eyeing the quilted stam for quite some time. even if i haven't seen the IVORY in person, i know i will love it :smile:

Oh, I don't know how I got it in my head that you're getting the little stam! The regular stam is GREAT, my fave MJ bag! It will look lovely on you and is a great choice for your first MJ!

I have a picture for you!! The Blake is in White Chiffon and the ZP wallet is in Ivory. The Ivory is more of a cream color where as the White chiffon is closer to white, but more of an off white. If that makes sense. Ivory is darker. But hope the pic helps! I was actually looking for the matching wallet, but turns out they didn't make the ZP in White Chiffon, so I got the closest matching color I could find.

IMG_1030.jpg

^^ thank u so much for the pics flungflung83. the white chiffon is pretty... love ur bag and the wallet/clutch. the ivory is slightly darker than the white chiffon, and also the stitching... strange that the MJ SA told me the opposite.

i am so in love w/MJ bags now, i'm on the lookout to start my collection :smile:

You are very welcome! I don't know why the SA would tell you that the Ivory is lighter in color when it's CLEARLY darker. I had some problems with the SA's in West Hollywood as well. I asked a few questions over the phone and well, they were pretty rude about it. Actually, not wanting to help me at all.

I asked what color would match White Chiffon the closest, Ivory or Natural? She just said NONE! So I repeated myself and made sure she understood that I wanted to know which one was the closest in color to White Chiffon, and she again said NONE! I was really frustrated. I mean I didn't ask which one was the same. BAH!

Haha, Anyway! Good luck on purchasing the Stam. Which ever color you choose, they are both stunning.

I just bought a large stam in White Chiffon and the color is definitely different than a pure white or ivory. I don't have it in front of me (I had it shipped....no tax!), but it did have creamy yellow/pinkish undertones. Subtle, though. It is a beautiful shade.

Jeannine