Marc Jacobs Stam Bag

Eh. Unless it’s something you can’t stand the sight of, there’s little point in trying to sell in this market. I wish I could buy these days because I could nicely round out my collection for next to nothing.

My petrol went to a friend of mine, so at least there’s that. And honestly I never use my large stams, anyway.

You should post a thread with all your bags! I’d love to see what you have. There aren’t any collection threads anymore.

I never use my Stams, either. In fact, been using my one and only Hermes since I got it. After MJ, I got a few Chanel’s and a bunch of Balenciaga’s. I love the quality of the MJ’s. Especially the icy leather!

I have never treated my bags. They all look brand new.
Here are all the Icys (and others) still looking new - none were treated with anything.
View attachment 4056417View attachment 4056418View attachment 4056419
Wow, look at that eyecandy! They all still look amazing. That Icy leather is really gorgeous...I'm definitely keeping an eye out for that now that I know what it looks like. Was the Icy leather only available Fall 2005? And did they make Mini Stams in it, or just the regular and small?

Reactions: netter
Wow, look at that eyecandy! They all still look amazing. That Icy leather is really gorgeous...I'm definitely keeping an eye out for that now that I know what it looks like. Was the Icy leather only available Fall 2005? And did they make Mini Stams in it, or just the regular and small?

Thanks!
If memory serves me correctly, the Icy leather was only 2005. Mini Stams were not out yet. In this leather, wallets, coin holders and MUltipocket handbags were made (I know first hand)[emoji23]

Reactions: netter and BigTexy
Thank you @faith_ann! I know I should start clearing out the closets. But I am so sentimental. I remember what went into finding each bag - at the time they were hot commodities...with a price tag to go along with it.

I love the petrol. That was the hardest one to find. And the burgundy was hard to find, too.
I think I relate-- I realized that I rather enjoy having certain items in my closet even though I rarely use them anymore. Strange, huh? And, it only applies to bags - other extraneous things laying around irritate me...

Reactions: netter
I think I relate-- I realized that I rather enjoy having certain items in my closet even though I rarely use them anymore. Strange, huh? And, it only applies to bags - other extraneous things laying around irritate me...
I do this with bags, scarves, certain shoes, and jewelry. I’ve been doing some spring cleaning and recently realized that my older MJ bags probably have a forever home in my closet. The blingy-butt jeans from the same era are a different story haha.

I’ve learned my lesson with anything designer, keep it!

I sold all my MCM things a few years after the company went bankrupt for practically nothing. Only to see some of my items be re -released and substantially more expensive than what I paid for mine robs ago.

I had the opportunity to get a beautiful pre owned Dior saddle for a great price about 5 years ago. My friend talked me out of it said it was outdated. Well it’s much more now.

I never had a Stam ( too heavy) but I have 2 gorgeous MJ Singles. I’ve since stored them away, but will never part. Fashion, especially designer, always returns. If it’s not relevant now, I promise you it probably will be in time.

I love the Stams! IMO, whenever you think about Marc Jacobs, you’ll instantly think of the Stam. Stam was It status during the reign of Marc Jacobs. I am still collecting the stams. Don’t care what others say, I still think they’re gorgeous!

Here are mine! I just found a Black Small Stam Brand New condition last week and very happy about it! Still keeping my hopes high with a Cobalt Blue one... [emoji16]

IMG_6426.JPG
IMG_6447.JPG
IMG_7123.JPG

I love the Stams! IMO, whenever you think about Marc Jacobs, you’ll instantly think of the Stam. Stam was It status during the reign of Marc Jacobs. I am still collecting the stams. Don’t care what others say, I still think they’re gorgeous!

Here are mine! I just found a Black Small Stam Brand New condition last week and very happy about it! Still keeping my hopes high with a Cobalt Blue one... [emoji16]

View attachment 4423260
View attachment 4423261
View attachment 4423262
I love all of them but the pink is my fav. I have a stam that I am willing to trade something for. Thanks for sharing your lovely collection.

I only ever bought the large black stam from MJ, its the one bag that looks really lady like for work. I only recently bought my first Chanel, but the Stam has a special place in my heart. I think it will always be a stylish choice, dont ever sell them ladies.

8E0E4FCA-DECC-48E9-A301-F5C7C9B9CC67.jpeg

I remember when the Stam was the It bag for a while, I wanted one so bad but couldn’t justify the expense. Now that I am wealthier and Stams can be found at very reasonable prices on resale sites, I finally got one, just for the hell of it. I’m very pleased with it.