Marc Jacobs Stam Bag

I just adore these bags. I have a mini and small- often I try to cram too much into the small, but don't think I'd enjoy carrying them any larger. These are just gorgeous bags! I'm totally fine with anyone thinking they're dated - the little ones are still cute IMO! :flowers:

Hello ladies! This thread seemed to still be alive, but if I should create a new one, just let me know :cool:
I'm hoping I can get your opinion about some Stam bags that I have been looking at buying. I haven't ever seen any in real life, so it's kind of hard to decide which one to get.
Ideally I think the mini Stam and small Stam are what I'm looking for, but I found a regular Stam from 2005 with the suede lining in this beautiful brown color for a good price. Admittedly, I will probably try to get one of each at some point, and was hoping to get your thoughts on this particular season. From what I understand through reading this forum, the 2005 bags weren't as heavy as later seasons and the leather wears really nicely (and that suede lining!). Here's the bag: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Famous-Mar...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

There is also a 2007 Bonnie that I found in a beautiful blue color and I really liked the leather shoulder strap. But is the bag too big for not having handles as well? If it was a mini Stam I would have been sold immediately, but I'm just not sure about the shape not having seen it in real life either. Here it is: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Marc-Jacob...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Since I haven't been looking for too long I don't want to get both right now, but would like to have one and see how much I like the style. Thanks for any advice!

Hello ladies! This thread seemed to still be alive, but if I should create a new one, just let me know :cool:
I'm hoping I can get your opinion about some Stam bags that I have been looking at buying. I haven't ever seen any in real life, so it's kind of hard to decide which one to get.
Ideally I think the mini Stam and small Stam are what I'm looking for, but I found a regular Stam from 2005 with the suede lining in this beautiful brown color for a good price. Admittedly, I will probably try to get one of each at some point, and was hoping to get your thoughts on this particular season. From what I understand through reading this forum, the 2005 bags weren't as heavy as later seasons and the leather wears really nicely (and that suede lining!). Here's the bag: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Famous-Marc-Jacobs-quilted-leather-STAM-bag-purse-satchel-AUTH-solid-vintage/222944235272?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

There is also a 2007 Bonnie that I found in a beautiful blue color and I really liked the leather shoulder strap. But is the bag too big for not having handles as well? If it was a mini Stam I would have been sold immediately, but I'm just not sure about the shape not having seen it in real life either. Here it is: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Marc-Jacobs-Stam-Cecilia-Quilted-Blue-Leather-Chain-Kisslock-Shoulder-EUC/142763510238?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Since I haven't been looking for too long I don't want to get both right now, but would like to have one and see how much I like the style. Thanks for any advice!
The Fall 2005 stams are actually slightly heavier than most later season stams, due to the chain, thicker leather, and suede lining combination. Not by much, though.

The taupe stam you linked to is not that deep of a brown in natural light, JTLYK. Here's a photo of the one I used to own for comparison:
43523733338C244F0.png

I personally find the size and overall look of the Bonnie to be slightly awkward. Have you considered the little stam? They're just a tiny bit smaller at about 12" x 8" and there's one in a similar shade of blue, though with a different strap.
Marc-Jacobs-Quilted-Little-Stam-Bag-Navy-215.jpg

The Fall 2005 stams are actually slightly heavier than most later season stams, due to the chain, thicker leather, and suede lining combination. Not by much, though.

The taupe stam you linked to is not that deep of a brown in natural light, JTLYK. Here's a photo of the one I used to own for comparison:
View attachment 4055198

I personally find the size and overall look of the Bonnie to be slightly awkward. Have you considered the little stam? They're just a tiny bit smaller at about 12" x 8" and there's one in a similar shade of blue, though with a different strap.
Marc-Jacobs-Quilted-Little-Stam-Bag-Navy-215.jpg

Thank you for including the pic of the taupe Stam, that is a bit different than what it looks like in the listing. The color is nice, but not what I wanted :smile: You're right about the Bonnie. The more I look at it, the more it seems 'not me'. I would rather wait for a little pricier bag that's just what I'm looking for.
That little Stam is really pretty! I definitely want one that size, and a mini Stam too. Not necessarily both in blue :cool: I am mostly drawn to the jewel-tone Stams, like that blue, purple, green, and wine/burgundy. There is a nice looking olive green little Stam on Poshmark, but I'm waiting for more photos before I decide. I think I'm getting better at identifying the fakes, but the ones with the heat stamp are a bit tricky for a newbie like me.

Ok, I've gotten brave and I've narrowed it down to 2 small Stams and want to order one of them. One is bordeaux and has the suede lining and the other one is closer to berry and from 2008 (is that the goat skin year?). I like the color of both of them equally, and the price is about the same (was considering making an offer). Experts, is there an obvious choice? :nuts:
Here is the bordeaux one (still waiting on season tag pic): https://poshmark.com/listing/Marc-Jacobs-Quilted-shoulder-bag-59a6ebfaf0137d98d5004eac

The berry one: https://poshmark.com/listing/Marc-Jacobsfinal-drop-in-price-5aa04a8536b9def50f8c220b
Thanks for your input! ;)

Ok, I've gotten brave and I've narrowed it down to 2 small Stams and want to order one of them. One is bordeaux and has the suede lining and the other one is closer to berry and from 2008 (is that the goat skin year?). I like the color of both of them equally, and the price is about the same (was considering making an offer). Experts, is there an obvious choice? :nuts:
Here is the bordeaux one (still waiting on season tag pic): https://poshmark.com/listing/Marc-Jacobs-Quilted-shoulder-bag-59a6ebfaf0137d98d5004eac

The berry one: https://poshmark.com/listing/Marc-Jacobsfinal-drop-in-price-5aa04a8536b9def50f8c220b
Thanks for your input! ;)
Bordeaux, without a doubt. It's a hard to find color and Fall 2005 icy leather can't be beat.

There were goatskin stams in 2008 and though I can't recall if that one specifically is, it does look like it. It's a personal preference but I'm not much of a fan of goatskin, it doesn't wear well IME and I don't like the texture (kind of...squeaky? like if plastic and leather had a baby. or something. i'm not explaining this well.)

Bordeaux, without a doubt. It's a hard to find color and Fall 2005 icy leather can't be beat.

There were goatskin stams in 2008 and though I can't recall if that one specifically is, it does look like it. It's a personal preference but I'm not much of a fan of goatskin, it doesn't wear well IME and I don't like the texture (kind of...squeaky? like if plastic and leather had a baby. or something. i'm not explaining this well.)
That is awesome intel, you rock! I didn't realize that was an icy Stam :nuts: Should I wait for the season tags before I get it, or is that one a pretty safe bet?
Your description of goat leather is THE BEST! Described it perfectly :smile: I have goat skin work gloves, and they are pretty soft, so I was hoping it would be the same for the bag, lol. I'm sure that's very different in quality...

That is awesome intel, you rock! I didn't realize that was an icy Stam :nuts: Should I wait for the season tags before I get it, or is that one a pretty safe bet?
Your description of goat leather is THE BEST! Described it perfectly :smile: I have goat skin work gloves, and they are pretty soft, so I was hoping it would be the same for the bag, lol. I'm sure that's very different in quality...
I went ahead and got it! There was a bit of confusion for a min there when I confirmed my purchase, it looked like someone else had already gotten it...but I have a confirmation email from Poshmark now! :panic:

I went ahead and got it! There was a bit of confusion for a min there when I confirmed my purchase, it looked like someone else had already gotten it...but I have a confirmation email from Poshmark now! :panic:

I have a bunch of Icy items. They are very similar to Chanel caviar leather (which is what all my Chanel bags are). The wear and tear this leather can endure is excellent. And it is so beautiful with the sheen[emoji173]️

I have a bunch of Icy items. They are very similar to Chanel caviar leather (which is what all my Chanel bags are). The wear and tear this leather can endure is excellent. And it is so beautiful with the sheen[emoji173]️
Ooh, I can't wait to see for myself! Thanks for the reassurance [emoji4] I'm glad this bag won't have to be babied to keep looking good, not that I would ever mistreat it, but things happen sometimes. First step is to protect the leather, right? What has worked best for you on your Icys?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Ooh, I can't wait to see for myself! Thanks for the reassurance [emoji4] I'm glad this bag won't have to be babied to keep looking good, not that I would ever mistreat it, but things happen sometimes. First step is to protect the leather, right? What has worked best for you on your Icys?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

I have never treated my bags. They all look brand new.
Here are all the Icys (and others) still looking new - none were treated with anything.
IMG_1525384192.650282.jpgIMG_1525384205.013705.jpgIMG_1525384210.093344.jpg

oh you have the petrol i never should have sold...I really regret that. You have a lovely collection!
View attachment 4056426

Thank you @faith_ann! I know I should start clearing out the closets. But I am so sentimental. I remember what went into finding each bag - at the time they were hot commodities...with a price tag to go along with it.

I love the petrol. That was the hardest one to find. And the burgundy was hard to find, too.

Reactions: Meta and pianolize
Thank you @faith_ann! I know I should start clearing out the closets. But I am so sentimental. I remember what went into finding each bag - at the time they were hot commodities...with a price tag to go along with it.

I love the petrol. That was the hardest one to find. And the burgundy was hard to find, too.

Eh. Unless it’s something you can’t stand the sight of, there’s little point in trying to sell in this market. I wish I could buy these days because I could nicely round out my collection for next to nothing.

My petrol went to a friend of mine, so at least there’s that. And honestly I never use my large stams, anyway.

You should post a thread with all your bags! I’d love to see what you have. There aren’t any collection threads anymore.