Marc Jacobs Stam-Anyone got it?

Pretty much, NO! These bags are SO hard to get let alone have enough to be on sale! I have yet to see a Stam in person :sad: I'm waiting for my possible fake one --double :sad: Another day has passed, I'm close to the moment of truth........just cross your fingers for me, ladies.....................

GREENIE , how are you enjoying your Stam? Heavy? You use it as an everyday bag? I'm praying that mine'll come squishy. OH in regrades to the NAP waitlist, what colour is the PUTTY?

bobojue said:
GREENIE , how are you enjoying your Stam? Heavy? You use it as an everyday bag? I'm praying that mine'll come squishy. OH in regrades to the NAP waitlist, what colour is the PUTTY?

No, Bobojue, I haven't worn it yet. The putty is kind of a greyish color. Very neutral from what I've heard. But, I haven't seen it in person yet.

I'll try and find a picture for you.:idea:

You gotta take your bag out for a spin. I'm guessing you're saving it for a more special occasion? I do that sometimes too with new and expensive bags, but do take it out! You must!!!!!!!! And let me know how that baby drives *chuckle* This bag keeps on dancing around in my brain................................................

did you ever get the Stam you bought off of eBay? what was your conclusion? IMHO, it's fake....MJ's tags are attached with BLACK thread not WHITE as is shown in the picture. I hope you returned the bag.

I got my putty Stam from the MJ boutique a couple of weeks ago. I was told I was too far down the list to get black, so I went with the putty. Now the other MJ store I'm wait-listed at says I will for sure get a black. Here are pics of the putty--now I have to decide whether to keep this gorgeous bag or keep the black which I'm sure will be spectacular too. Sadly, I can only afford to keep one. I'm leaning toward black but this bag is so pretty--I'm going nuts trying to decide...

Attachments

• stam.JPG
    stam.JPG
    141.5 KB · Views: 313
  • stam2.JPG
    stam2.JPG
    155.1 KB · Views: 234
  • stam 3.jpg
    stam 3.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 201
valerieb said:
I got my putty Stam from the MJ boutique a couple of weeks ago. I was told I was too far down the list to get black, so I went with the putty. Now the other MJ store I'm wait-listed at says I will for sure get a black. Here are pics of the putty--now I have to decide whether to keep this gorgeous bag or keep the black which I'm sure will be spectacular too. Sadly, I can only afford to keep one. I'm leaning toward black but this bag is so pretty--I'm going nuts trying to decide...
do you like it better than the taupe?

teddys3bears said:
do you like it better than the taupe?

I prefer the putty to the original taupe Stam because I like the smooth calf better than the icy leather. Of course, I don't have a taupe Stam and probably would never be able to find one as they are long gone. The new putty color is what I consider a true taupe--it's very neutral and goes well with most colors.

At this moment I'm leaning toward keeping the black because it will be easier to maintain and I will be able to carry it without worrying about where I set it, etc. I hate to part with a bag I really love, but I simply don't have the $$$$$ to keep both. Too many other expenses are getting in the way of my bag obsession!

valerieb said:

Wo, your bag color is nice! I wanna have one, but im broke at the mo!;) I'll try soon ..heheh...can you tell me the measurement of the bag?
Thanks

teddys3bears said:
guess what???? I bought yours yesterday!!!!

I was surprised and pleased to see that a fellow purseblogger bought my Stam. I was so sad listing it and packing it up. Somehow, it makes me feel better knowing it's going to a home where it will be truly appreciated. Most people don't understand how the purse-obsessed feel when parting with a beautiful bag.

And speaking of people not understanding...When I shipped the bag I had to declare the value to get insurance. When I said I needed insurance for $1400, the postal employee (a man) asked what was in the box. I was embarrassed, but truthful. When I told him it was a handbag he practically shouted, "Who buys a $1400 handbag?"

Of course, he was loud enough that everyone in the post office turned to look at me, just in time to see my cheeks turn a vivid red. Obviously, nobody in line could relate. The guy went on and on asking where you find a $1400 bag, what makes it so special (does it have diamonds?), etc. Definitely embarrassing!

After that, I'm so glad I can turn to the purse forum to connect with people who understand what's special about a $1400 bag!