Marc Jacobs repair-off white color

zarle

Aug 13, 2009
Hi, My cream Sophia bag is losing color. I emailed Diego a while back and he asked for photos, and I never heard back from him. Does anyone know which repair shop is best for dyeing leather in a cream color? I live in NYC. Thanks!

Hi, Thanks for the advice. I am wondering if anyone has tried this service for redyeing or could suggest any other service that they had good results with? NY area would be best, but I would try others if they are better.

Dear Zarle,

Apologizes for the delay.
Please note that we do not offer re-dying services, however we can recommend a reputable shop in NYC: Modern Leather Goods 212-279-3263

Ciao

I have an off-white handbag that had some darkening on the handles. I tried leather cleaner, but the patina was there to stay.

I took the handbag to Home Depot and asked to match the color. The person helped me pick a spray paint that matched PERFECTLY! I am absolutely thrilled with the results, but it does take quite a while for the paint the dry. I took before and after photos, but my computer is in the shop. When I get it back, I will post pics. BTW, the handles are smooth and matches the rest of the bag, that no one would know I did anything to the handles. I don't know if the the paint will crack as I have not used the bag yet, but I don't plan on using it everyday.