Marc Jacobs Natasha Classic v. "New"?

I'm really regretting not buying the Classic few years back when they were still available. Unfortunately, now I can only resort to eBay, and even there it's rare now. I've seen a few of these pop up recently however, does anyone know if these are legitimate? https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Marc-by-Mar...825045?hash=item2a9d3fb755:g:Tf0AAOSwCtJaYkEt
It's the classic look, but the plaque is different. I'm not into this plaque at all, but I'm just curious to know if this is actually a variation.

I've just bought a classic with the original plaque, can't wait to receive it. Hopefully it's authentic!!

I'm really regretting not buying the Classic few years back when they were still available. Unfortunately, now I can only resort to eBay, and even there it's rare now. I've seen a few of these pop up recently however, does anyone know if these are legitimate? https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Marc-by-Mar...825045?hash=item2a9d3fb755:g:Tf0AAOSwCtJaYkEt
It's the classic look, but the plaque is different. I'm not into this plaque at all, but I'm just curious to know if this is actually a variation.

I've just bought a classic with the original plaque, can't wait to receive it. Hopefully it's authentic!!
A clear shot of the made in and model tag would confirm, but it looks fine.

That nameplate was used after Marc by Marc Jacobs and Marc Jacobs collection merged. It's since been discontinued because it was hideous, along with the MBMJ styles initially brought over to the new line.

no problem!

i'm wondering now if these became outlet bags, rather than being discontinued. a member posted a stamped tag i haven't seen before from a nordstrom rack bag in another thread. i emailed mj customer service out of curiousity; kind of hoping MJ hasn't gone the outlet route :/
I believe that they have, at least for some of the old MbMJ styles. This was my fear more than a year ago, when certain people on this board (cough, cough) swore up and down that they weren't turning MbMJ into an outlet/off-price brand and were only selling leftover stock. Even when bags started turning up in colors that had not been originally offered during the old MbMJ line's run. Even when TONS of MbMJ bags were showing up in off-price and outlet retailers.

I just ordered the classic mini! She is in the mail and flying over to me now. I also just won a bid on a petal to the metal mini. These two are my only MBMJ bags. My only other MJ bag is a stam bag. Whoohoo!!

Reactions: BeachBagGal
I believe that they have, at least for some of the old MbMJ styles. This was my fear more than a year ago, when certain people on this board (cough, cough) swore up and down that they weren't turning MbMJ into an outlet/off-price brand and were only selling leftover stock. Even when bags started turning up in colors that had not been originally offered during the old MbMJ line's run. Even when TONS of MbMJ bags were showing up in off-price and outlet retailers.

Oh my, that (sadly) makes so much sense...the last time I was in both Century21 and Nordstrom Rack in Downtown Brooklyn--9 months ago or so-- I was so confused by how many Percy and Natasha bags I was seeing, despite them being discontinued. There were even Petal to the Metal style bags that i hadn't seen in years. The leather didn't feel smooshy and rich like the MBMJ bags I used to have, either... it was kinda thin and dry. Disappointing if this is truly the case!! :sad:

Oh my, that (sadly) makes so much sense...the last time I was in both Century21 and Nordstrom Rack in Downtown Brooklyn--9 months ago or so-- I was so confused by how many Percy and Natasha bags I was seeing, despite them being discontinued. There were even Petal to the Metal style bags that i hadn't seen in years. The leather didn't feel smooshy and rich like the MBMJ bags I used to have, either... it was kinda thin and dry. Disappointing if this is truly the case!! :sad:
I had this same experience a couple of weeks ago at my Nordstrom Rack in San Francisco: Natashas with dry leather and plain metal tags. Oh well. I shall enjoy my older Natashas even more now.

Reactions: extrastar
I found an older Classic Natasha in Faded Aluminum at my Nordstrom Rack marked “Altered or Refurbished” but found nothing wrong with it other than slight scratches on the leather in two spots on the back... not sure if it could be fixed easily to prevent further peeling since it’s not a typical black or brown dye.

Still debating whether to keep or return since it’s so hard to come by a MBMJ Classic in new condition.
What do you think?

I found an older Classic Natasha in Faded Aluminum at my Nordstrom Rack marked “Altered or Refurbished” but found nothing wrong with it other than slight scratches on the leather in two spots on the back... not sure if it could be fixed easily to prevent further peeling since it’s not a typical black or brown dye.

Still debating whether to keep or return since it’s so hard to come by a MBMJ Classic in new condition.
What do you think?
it's the regular (medium) size? obviously i don't know what the scratches look like, but if they're slight i doubt peeling will be an issue. do you have a local leather repair place you could check in with?

if the scratches don't bother you and the price was reasonable, i would hold onto it.

Reactions: netter
Thanks, @faith_ann!
Yes, it’s the medium size with the Black/ White MJ logo lining and nice soft leather.

The slight scratches are superficial, not very deep at all, almost as if the bag had accidentally brushed up against a wall.

I would love to find a Classic Natasha in Black.
Please let me know if anyone comes across a new one!

Last edited:
Reactions: netter