marc jacobs mika

hey guys!

I'm heading to Los Angeles tomorrow with my family...and I'm thinking about treating me with a nice MJ bag...preferably the mika...but on TPB it says that she's exclusive...so, what does that mean...?

And...most importantly, how can I get one?
:smile:

it's a boutique exclusive, which means the only place to get one is from a MJ store -- this also means that there would be no markdown or sale price -- MJ stores don't have sales, so even tho the bag is from last season, it would still be full price ($1750)

yea -- I really wanted one of these too, until I saw the price tag -- I just couldn't spend that much on that bag with so many others that I wanted -- I just know I wouldn't get the same amt of use from it as I would say, my Alyona (which actually cost LESS!!) -- it's one of those bags I'll have to admire from afar (unless one shows up on ebay dirt cheap!)

^ yeah, good point. i mean it could be that there is quite a bit of hardware, the material lacing through the chain is python, it's lined in leather, but i do wonder why it's so much more than your average mj bag. it would make more sense to have it priced equal to the exotic stams. well, whatever. mj doesn't have to make much sense, does he? i still love him. if it's any consolation, since i've bought it, i've used it twice. it's not the most practicial bag. plus, it's white and so pricey, that i can't relax when i'm wearing it because i'm so worried it will get ruined.

Is it pricey because it is "exclusive?"

no -- a lot of the exotic stams/alyona's are "exclusive" to the boutique and as we said, they cost less -- the pleated stam (which is also leather lined) is also a boutique exclusive and I think that's 1295 -- I just think it's a combination of the type of leather they used, plus the python trim and leather woven through the chain strap -- what didn't make sense to me at least, was that the colorblock hobo, which was made from the same leather and had the same strap -- the only difference was that it had coated fabric lining instead of leather -- and it retailed for $1675 -- about $75 LESS than the Mika and the hobo was about 2.5 times the size!!

no -- a lot of the exotic stams/alyona's are "exclusive" to the boutique and as we said, they cost less -- the pleated stam (which is also leather lined) is also a boutique exclusive and I think that's 1295 -- I just think it's a combination of the type of leather they used, plus the python trim and leather woven through the chain strap -- what didn't make sense to me at least, was that the colorblock hobo, which was made from the same leather and had the same strap -- the only difference was that it had coated fabric lining instead of leather -- and it retailed for $1675 -- about $75 LESS than the Mika and the hobo was about 2.5 times the size!!

and how much is the ostrich stam? do you happen to know that?:sweatdrop:

^ this year's ostrich sunburst stam is $5550. for fall 07, there was a gorgeous ostrich stam with ombre effect that was about a grand less. :girlsigh: one of my dream bags. it kills me that it'll never go on sale, and i can't find it anywhere else aside from the boutique! maybe i'll get lucky like spacey did on ebay with her mahogany clutch. i can only dream!