Marc Jacobs lovers please help!

girlycharlie

Bag Hag
Nov 15, 2006
Would someone please tell me if this bag is authentic? I’m leery of buying a bag from a consignment store that still has it’s “original” tags on it :Push:

Please help!

Attachments

• mj_large.jpg
    mj_large.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 187
I'm not really familiar with this bag in terms of authenticity, but it was a style that wasn't too popular and I think the likelihood of it being inauthentic is slim. I see that the tag has the black string still attached and what looks like a Neiman Marcus tag.

Do you happen to have more pictures? It's hard to tell from that angle.

I'm not really familiar with this bag in terms of authenticity, but it was a style that wasn't too popular and I think the likelihood of it being inauthentic is slim. I see that the tag has the black string still attached and what looks like a Neiman Marcus tag.

Do you happen to have more pictures? It's hard to tell from that angle.

Thank you, SuLi :heart: Anything you can tell me is much appreciated! The owner wants $590.00 for this bag. Is it worth it?

I have the other photos attached.

Attachments

• 21271_1_large.jpg
    21271_1_large.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 90
  • 21271_1_small.jpg
    21271_1_small.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 77
  • 21271_2_large.jpg
    21271_2_large.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 76
I think the larger version of this bag was on sale a few weeks ago at Bergdorf for about the same price. I think. If you really like it, I guess $590 is a good deal. I'm not sure I would pay that amount for it.

I believe the bag is called the Serena. I don't know very much about these because it's a rare bag, but I think maybe $500 is reasonable.

girlycharlie - I actually just purchased a Serena in eggshell at the Neiman Last Call sale event last weekend so I can at least tell you for sure that this bag is not the Serena style. My Serena only has one zippered compartment. It's smaller than this bag and is shaped more like a bowler. With the sale they had going on, the bag only cost me around $350. If you have a LC near you, you may want to check them out too. My store also had this color in larger, similar styles to this bag.

I'm not really familiar with this bag in terms of authenticity, but it was a style that wasn't too popular and I think the likelihood of it being inauthentic is slim.

Suli! My beautiful bag wasn't popular back when it first came out?! Oh...I'm so sad. I am in love with my new Serena!!:sad: