Marc Jacobs Large Satchel - Your Thoughts?

Hue

Mar 15, 2006
I'm considering of purchasing the Large Satchel from Marc Jacobs, but I'm hoping to get some thoughts/opinions for you gals. I need an everyday bag, that'll last many seasons and maintain that classic appeal. Here is a pic of the bag, but I'm not sure I'd get it in this colour. I'm waiting to see what colours he has in store for the fall. If you have any insider info, please do share. Thanks!

I was eyeing the smaller version of this. I loved everything about it - the style, the color...just trying to test my self control skills a bit. I'm in self doubt mode right now lol!

It's a cute bag. The only downside to me is that it doesn't fit on the shoulder... If you're looking for a shoulder bag, the Blake is a GREAT option. It has a very similar shape and look--just no size buckles. And it's a great "organized" purse since it has three compartments...

I have a Venetia tote and I love it, so I think the satchel is a good choice. However, I agree with wicked that the Blake is great too if you are looking for a "shoulder" bag.

SuLi - I was thinking about the Venetia as well, but I'm just a bit concerned about the strap around the bag. It seems to be a hassle every time you want to get in the bag or if you leave it unbuckled, it just hangs.

i have the version without the side straps in pink from the first year he made it...loved it for a long time. still a great bag, but agree about the shoulder straps..i personally love that color!!

I've had my eye on this bag for a while too, but I've only seen it in pics not IRL. As far as I know he's only made it in this color and in black this season, so I'm waiting to see next season's colors aswell. I hope it's not as heavy as the Venetia, I had it but I sold it because I found it too heavy....

It looks like a big bag...17" in length, but I hope it's not too heavy. I need an everyday bag that is stylish but that I can wear with heels and funky runners/jeans at the same time. Anyone have any other suggestions?