Marc Jacobs Julia

SuLi

O.G.
Nov 1, 2005
Hello all!

What do you guys think about this bag:

E0470832425126_v1_m56577569831160115.jpg

I can't decide if I like it. There is a larger tote version of this too.

Here is the tote:

NMV6433_mp.jpg

I do like the fact that it doesn't scream Marc Jacobs since I own three other Marc bags (Stella, Venetia, and Hobo). In some way, I am hesitant to buy another Marc bag, although I really like the line. I feel that his bags are really functional and classic, and that is a big plus for me. I don't mind spend money on a bag so long as it "speaks" to me (I know, I must sound crazy), and that I think I will use it for a while. I'm not really into major trends with handbags...I like them, but just not for me. So, I'm torn because I have been looking for a tan/brown bag for a really long time, and this bag is the only one that makes me go "Oh!", but a little one. I like it a lot, but I don't love it, and it might be because it's another Marc and I'd like to expand my bag horizons when it comes to owning something. I'm just really picky I guess.

Sounds to me like you have to mull it over more. It will either keep sneaking into your mind or you'll find something you like better. Is there an opportunity to buy at a great price that you feel is pressuring you right now?

Issmom - no pressure in terms of price. These are brand new bags. I'm just so frustrated with my brown/tan handbag search. I must be really picky. I've seen so many cute bags, but nothing speaks to me. I should just wait.

Oh, the bag comes in black as well.

SuLi -- Can I ask you about your Marc Jacobs Stella? I waited too long to purchase one, and now they're no longer made. However, there are many online sites that carry it (not sure if they're real or fake, though). How did the Stella fare as an everyday bag -- was it a good size for everyday, was it easy to carry around, etc.? I have the Sophia, but it doesn't fit a magazine or a newspaper which I would have preferred since I take the subway.

Let me know! Thanks

Hi Turtle!

I love my Stella bag. I bought mine 2 years ago, and I still use it all the time. Like you, I take the Metro to work, so I love the bag's functionality. I love the heavy zippers, and the pushlock pockets. I put my Metro card in the pushlock pocket. It's very durable, the leather is awesome, and mine has definitely withheld a lot. When I got mine, it was with the canvas interior, which I prefer over the suede interior of the later bags. I think if you really love it, go for it. You can still find it at Neiman's and Saks (at least in the DC area), or order it from reputable sites like eluxury.com. I really love it...let me know what you decide!