Marc Jacobs Fall 2006 Alfred Bag

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. I saw this bag at Nordstrom's a few days ago and I've been thinking about getting it. I need some opinions on this though. Ladies, do you think this bag is too plain for $1300? I want it in black. It looks like a good everyday bag that fits my style. However, this is going to be the most I've spent on a bag. My last purchase was the Stam bag. Also, do you think it'll look weird if I carry the bag with the chain on my shoulder?

[​IMG]

Marc Jacobs - Leather Chain Strap Bag - Saks.com

[​IMG]

2. Honestly, I love MJs, but for $1300 I would choose something else... Perhaps if it was cheaper I would go for it.

3. I agree! It's nice but I don't love it :s
    I would definately get something else for that price

4. It's cute, but the Stam is definitely more intricate than the Alfred. Isn't there a small version of the Alfred that's cheaper too?

[​IMG]
    Soft Box bag at $995.

It looks similar, minus the handles. You said that you'd be wearing it on your shoulder, right?

5. I just want the option of wearing it on my shoulder when I go shopping. It's most likely I'd be carrying the bag on my arm

Do you think this is a bag that's likely to go on sale? I can't stop thinking about it.

6. ^ It might go on sale, but you never know. If you keep thinking about it and you absolutely love it, get it. I would make sure to purchase from a place with a good return policy in case you get it, and decide you hated it.

7. Alfred & Plum Suede bag were the 2 most anticipated bags among members when pictures of Fall 06 styles came out. It wasn't love at first sight for me when I saw/held it up close. If possible, I would recommend checking/trying it out in person. If you love it, get it. =)

8. I saw this bag at Nordstrom. I love the size but I hate the buckle on top. It got in the way when I tried to unzip the bag.

9. If you lile it you should get it. The leather seems nice.

10. I couldn't help myself ladies. I picked it up at the Marc Jacobs store today and I got it. It's very roomy and elegant though. The color is closer to the first picture rather than the second. They're actually both the same colors though.

11. It is a gorgeous bag. I'm glad you got it. Enjoy!

12. I'm sure you look FAB with Alfred, congrats! =)
    Great addition to Elise & Stam. =)

13. Congratulations! I'm glad you made your decision. You have some great bags.

14. Congratulations Archipelago!! I'm glad you gave into temptation!:lol:

15. Congrats Archipelago!
    I'd love to see pics of you wearing it!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice