Marc Jacobs Classic Carla Leather Tote

there are similar bags as far as pushlocks and shape, but nothing that i can think of (off the top of my head) that has the long strap and satchel handles...

the blake is a satchel, but i was able to use it as a shoulder bag (and i don't have small arms!). it doesn't have a long strap though...that's the closest thing i can think of.

I saw this bag at the boutique and absolutely LOVED it! I actually wasn't that interested in it when I saw pics, but seeing it in person - it's a really GREAT bag! It's actually one of the bags I'm considering this season (I'm also hoping it's released again in the fall in diff colors)

as for something smaller - since it's part of the classic collection, there are other bags that might work for you -- the Blake, Little Lola the Rose, Angela or Lisa. The Blake is a satchel (no shoulder strap), but the handles are long enough to carry on the shoulder. The Little Lola may be a little bit too small, but there is a longer shoulder strap. The Rose, Lisa and Angela are shoulder bags -- but they all have the classic padlock pockets on the front and are made from soft calf leather. Rose is new this season and it looks like a great bag!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Bloomingdale's is listing it with larger measurements than yours ilovemybags.

16.5"W x 13"H x 4.5"D
4" drop and 11.5" drop

I just returned a MCM Sportivo which was 14 x 9 x 6 (or so Sak's said) and it was overwhelming. But I think I will give the Carla a try. It looks as though it's not too structured and may slouch a bit which will help also. Thank you all for your help!

Bloomingdale's is listing it with larger measurements than yours ilovemybags.

16.5"W x 13"H x 4.5"D
4" drop and 11.5" drop

I just returned a MCM Sportivo which was 14 x 9 x 6 (or so Sak's said) and it was overwhelming. But I think I will give the Carla a try. It looks as though it's not too structured and may slouch a bit which will help also. Thank you all for your help!

the measurements were from the MJ site -- I think sometimes the measurements of diff sites vary - I think the Carla is smaller than the Stella, altho not by much. You're right tho - it will slouch a little. The one that will slouch a lot more tho and is around the same size is the Rose, which is new this season

I'm anxious to see what you think about the Carla once you get it and try it out