Marc Jacobs "borrows" LV idea ??

The only thing Marc Jacobs probably did in relation to that bag was put his X on a piece of paper approving the production. It's Marc by Marc Jacobs, his diffusion line, and I'm pretty sure that it's strictly a name-licensing deal, i.e. he he has a team of designers who handle all the real work of creating the clothes and accessories. Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

no you're probably right.

Yeah, when MJ first started designing his own line, he had a bag that looked similar to the Manhattan PM. So it's not really a new thing.
MJ's Multipocket bag:
45761392_tp.jpg

Manhattan PM:
df21_12.JPG

^^^ that "multipocket" bag is called the Sophia. this is where the Koala locks came from. the one the looks like the Manhattan is called the Venetia. im pretty sure this MJ bag came out at least a year before the LV version.

here's the Venetia:
f5987f07a41cfd355809f5d6721c4a78.jpg

well, MJ did design a lot of LV bags...like the manhattans, the denim speedies/patchwork bags, and the MC line with Takashi Murakami...so it is no surprise that his own line will have similarities. I love the second bag...the brown one. I want i want i want!!!

^^^ that "multipocket" bag is called the Sophia. this is where the Koala locks came from. the one the looks like the Manhattan is called the Venetia. im pretty sure this MJ bag came out at least a year before the LV version.

here's the Venetia:
f5987f07a41cfd355809f5d6721c4a78.jpg

Thanks, I couldn't find the exact name.
My point was just that the bags were similar, I'm not into MJ bags so I don't know names or which came out first.

A lot of MJs own line looks like LV and vice versa. There is a MJ quilted bag that looks exactly the same as the Manahttan PM. But i totally agree with what Deluxe said, all of the fashion houses copy each other every season, they just take different approaches to things x

yeah, i think this MbyMJ - Laminated Logo Swifty and Berkeley do look alike, maybe it is a Berkeley targeted on a younger crowd and actually i kind of like it as it is waterproof.:P

actually, Marc Jacobs' Multipockets is one of his classic design from his own collections.

20070428_01762028229.jpg

The one in yellow is "Multipockets" and the one in blue is "Large Multipockets", "Large MP" has larger pushlock and the size is slightly bigger. I don't think there's any LV bag that look similar to this design.

These following 3 Marc Jacobs' design are also some of the sought after classic bags from his collections which look similar (maybe exactly the same) to LV bags.

LV - Manhattan GM vs. MJ - Venetia

2007-06-14_025031.jpg

0701070132.jpg

LV - Manhattan PM vs. MJ - Blake

2007-06-14_025009.jpg

102.jpg

LV - Hudson GM vs. MJ - Sophia

2007-06-14_024851.jpg

0701070133.jpg

since MJ is creative director of LV, many of the bags he designs for the line are similar to bags that he already designed for his own line - in every instance i can think of, the MJ bag came first by several years.