Marc Jacobs at Nordstrom Rack

SassieMe

Don't encourage me!!
O.G.
Aug 3, 2009
Massachusetts
I just returned from shopping at my local Nordstrom Rack (Danvers, MA) and was amazed to see several Marc Jacobs bags deeply discounted (about 1/3rd of original price). They had a large clutch (sorry, don't know the MJ styles well enough to identify), a large black tote (ditto on the identification), a pink Cecelia, a gray Cecelia, and a blue Stam. Of course, I had to snap up the Stam. It's a kind of denim blue from the S/S 08 season, but the color changes depending on the light. The leather looks like some kind of snake skin, probably pressed. I'll begin my odyssey to discover it's exact identification shortly. For now, I'm got it perched atop my dresser in my constant view!

I was shocked at my extravagance - I had just gone in to check out some of the sunglasses and walked out with my 3rd Stam in 6 months!

Someone stop me! :shame:

SassieMe

Don't encourage me!!
O.G.
Aug 3, 2009
Massachusetts
OMG! Great find!! I would grab the Stam too, a picture of it would be nice :graucho:. I'm jealous, I wish there was a Nordstrom Rack in NYC, but rumors say there will be one soon!
As soon as I can figure out how to post photos, I will! Right now I'm just so delighted about the find! :biggrin: At first, I walked away because the color was so impractical, but I did a U-Turn right back and grabbed the nearest salesperson to help me unlock it!!!

Twynkle54

Dec 1, 2006
San Francisco, CA
OMG that price is ridiculous! I've been searching for the quilted stam! I was just at the Nordstrom's Rack in San Leandro (Bay Area) and they had a truck event yesterday, but I came too late. There were no nice bags left that I saw of.

SassieMe

Don't encourage me!!
O.G.
Aug 3, 2009
Massachusetts
OMG that price is ridiculous! I've been searching for the quilted stam! I was just at the Nordstrom's Rack in San Leandro (Bay Area) and they had a truck event yesterday, but I came too late. There were no nice bags left that I saw of.
To tell the truth, I am on the lookout for a black quilted Stam or a black quilted Cecilia. So far, none of my Stams is quilted! But the color was so unusual and the price so low that I couldn't just leave it there.

babyontheway

May 10, 2009
I never have any good luck at The Rack in Danvers, so I stopped looking... now I have a good reason to keep checking :smile: Thanks for the info and congrats:biggrin:

SassieMe

Don't encourage me!!
O.G.
Aug 3, 2009
Massachusetts
I never have any good luck at The Rack in Danvers, so I stopped looking... now I have a good reason to keep checking :smile: Thanks for the info and congrats:biggrin:
I felt the same way! I've been in there a couple of times and thought things looked a bit shop-worn. That's why I was so taken by surprise at my discovery. Also, they had a great stock of designer sunglasses. I picked up a Christian Dior and a Marc Jacobs for the same 1/3rd cost.

It's made a "Rack Believer" out of me! :P

digablebeatz

Apr 22, 2007
SF Bay Area
lucky! a few years ago, black quilted stams were popping up in several Nordie's. i found a Tasha at a Nordie's awhile back. It was like $1895 original. I got it for $299.