Marc Jacobs and MbMJ resale value

Mar 15, 2008
Has anyone else noticed it's incredibly difficult to sell MJ bags these days?

Just a few years ago, you could easily sell a Stam or Cecilia for $200 or more....I just practically gave away a small quilted Cecilia. Marc Jacobs bags remain some of my faves because the quality is amazing, imo.

Yet no one seems to be interested.

I've listed rare bags, bags in "normal" colors and get no interest.

Such a shame because even though I don't use them, I don't want to give them away for $30.

:hrmm:

Reactions: sdkitty
Has anyone else noticed it's incredibly difficult to sell MJ bags these days?

Just a few years ago, you could easily sell a Stam or Cecilia for $200 or more....I just practically gave away a small quilted Cecilia. Marc Jacobs bags remain some of my faves because the quality is amazing, imo.

Yet no one seems to be interested.

I've listed rare bags, bags in "normal" colors and get no interest.

Such a shame because even though I don't use them, I don't want to give them away for $30.

:hrmm:
It's incredibly difficult to sell almost anything these days :frown: Summer is especially slow.

I'm having an OK experience selling MJ right now, though - it was pretty tough for awhile, but in the past couple of months I've sold most of the bags I culled from my collection for reasonable prices.

I'm sorry you're not having better luck. I've definitely had slow streaks and it's frustrating. I'm not sure where you're located, but I'm in the US and a majority of my good sales are coming from out of the country. It's definitely been worth the extra 50 cents to advertise on ebay UK, and also to list everywhere I can: eBay, Tradesy, Bonanza, Facebook groups, and if you're in the US, Poshmark.

I can't sell a brand new small single for $100 AU ($70 US). I really wanted to sell it just to make room :sad:

But I've also found that taking 1K off a brand new LV doesn't sell on ebay either. Maybe it's a difficult market too.