Marc by Marc Jacobs Dr Q Groovee bag

I saw both and I have to say that this is a really tough decision. I fell in love with grape, so I would prefer grape. But portobello also looks gorgy... So sorry - I am no help... I would decide on the base on your clothes and your other bags.

i got the grape today!! i LOVE it, and i love the fact that the leather on mine isnt that bad (i.e. not papery thin and gross) s:huh:oo...get the grape! :biggrin:

i'd get the portabello. The neutral color is timeless, classic and classy.
Admittedly, grape is attractive, pretty. But what are you going to do with a purple bag after the hype is over? when the trend gears towards another seasonal color, wouldn't it be embarrassing by then to be carrying a violet bag?

you'd find portabello more useful in the long run. The color which is a cross among gray, peach, brown, beige, being a neutral color would go with any outfit any season.

nightingale, you're so practical!!! what fun is that?!?!?! :nogood:

only kidding. i am totally having this exact dilemma right now deciding between the more practical portabello and the gorgeous grape. i am a HUGE fan of purple, so it'll be hard not to go with that. and as far as it not carrying over to another season, well, then, i'll just have to get a new bag! how's that for reason?? :graucho:

so I went to get the grape today but ended up bringing home the portabello!! the color really is awesome as it's sorta purplish/pinkish/taupe-ish/beige-ish and i think it will go with anything. i am going to live with it a week or so and see if i'm still yearning for the grape. :thinking:

fashionaddict~ did you decide???? :confused1:

so I went to get the grape today but ended up bringing home the portabello!! the color really is awesome as it's sorta purplish/pinkish/taupe-ish/beige-ish and i think it will go with anything. i am going to live with it a week or so and see if i'm still yearning for the grape. :thinking:

fashionaddict~ did you decide???? :confused1:

Congratulations! Let us see some pics! In discussing them here, you might get some help for your decision!

I'm facing the same dilemma. Went to Nordstrom hoping they'd have them so I can compare, but they only had black. I saw other MbMJ bags in grape and portabello, but it didn't make my decision any easier :/

Let us know what you decide!!