Mansur Gavriel Mansur Gavriel pleated bucket bag

Hey! I realise that your post is from a while back but in case you're still interested in the bag - I just received my mini MG pleated bucket bag from MatchesFashion yesterday! I got it in black with the red interior.

It measures 20 cm (H) x 18.5 cm (W) x 15 cm (D) (which is the same as listed on the website). I was initially a bit worried about it being a bit small, but it fits everything that I need to carry - a mini umbrella, small drink bottle, phone, keys, makeup pouch. Snug but no bulging.

It comes with a shoulder strap which is slightly wider (which I appreciate!) as well as a thin crossbody strap (which is unfortunately not adjustable). Both of these are removable. Even though I pretty much exclusively carry crossbody bags, I'm actually liking the shoulder strap more.

The outer material is vegetable tanned leather. It feels nice and smooth, but seems like it may show scratches easily. This is the first bag of this material that I've owned, so fingers crossed it'll be okay! Apparently it's meant to age nicely though?

I bought the bag thinking if I'm not 100% happy with it I can always return it. Now that it's arrived I am over the moon with it. The design is beautiful and timeless. I have always loved the original MG bucket bIMG_20200324_164036.jpg IMG_20200324_164108.jpg IMG_20200324_164118.jpg ag, but given its popularity I don't think I'll ever take the plunge to purchase it. This one still has the drawstring detail, but the pleats make it extra special.

Hope this helps a little :smile: Let me know what you end up deciding!

P.S. MatchesFashion is an amazing place to purchase from, got mine with a $300 discount (spend $900 and get $300 off)

I just got one! It’s the full size and has the drawstring straps. I’m 5’2 and it hits a little below my waist. I haven’t carried it yet but it seems lighter than my mini black/flamma.

163CA811-28B6-4732-ADAF-95E43F4EA70F.jpeg

Reactions: Sharona228
I just received one I bought during the sale last week and it is crushed and dented in a completely unwerable way. So disasspointed. I conteced Mansur Gavriel for a refund based on the damage, let's see what they say.

Hey! I realise that your post is from a while back but in case you're still interested in the bag - I just received my mini MG pleated bucket bag from MatchesFashion yesterday! I got it in black with the red interior.

It measures 20 cm (H) x 18.5 cm (W) x 15 cm (D) (which is the same as listed on the website). I was initially a bit worried about it being a bit small, but it fits everything that I need to carry - a mini umbrella, small drink bottle, phone, keys, makeup pouch. Snug but no bulging.

It comes with a shoulder strap which is slightly wider (which I appreciate!) as well as a thin crossbody strap (which is unfortunately not adjustable). Both of these are removable. Even though I pretty much exclusively carry crossbody bags, I'm actually liking the shoulder strap more.

The outer material is vegetable tanned leather. It feels nice and smooth, but seems like it may show scratches easily. This is the first bag of this material that I've owned, so fingers crossed it'll be okay! Apparently it's meant to age nicely though?

I bought the bag thinking if I'm not 100% happy with it I can always return it. Now that it's arrived I am over the moon with it. The design is beautiful and timeless. I have always loved the original MG bucket bView attachment 4696169 View attachment 4696170 View attachment 4696171 ag, but given its popularity I don't think I'll ever take the plunge to purchase it. This one still has the drawstring detail, but the pleats make it extra special.

Hope this helps a little :smile: Let me know what you end up deciding!

P.S. MatchesFashion is an amazing place to purchase from, got mine with a $300 discount (spend $900 and get $300 off)

Hi!
Thanks for replying with great details and for the photos. Very helpful. I didn’t realize it comes with a shoulder strap. I like the idea of being able to switch between crossbody and shoulder. It’s been a few months since you’ve owned it, how has the bag worn? Any issues with scratches being easily seen on the vegetable tanned leather?
I agree the pleats on the mini MG pleated bucket bag make it unique. After reading your review, it’s back on my radar.

I ended up getting the Goyard Petit Flot bucket bag and love it. It’s been my go-to bag.

30ED790B-6579-4F1C-A4FA-740883AED0EE.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: RT1 and justwatchin
Hi!
Thanks for replying with great details and for the photos. Very helpful. I didn’t realize it comes with a shoulder strap. I like the idea of being able to switch between crossbody and shoulder. It’s been a few months since you’ve owned it, how has the bag worn? Any issues with scratches being easily seen on the vegetable tanned leather?
I agree the pleats on the mini MG pleated bucket bag make it unique. After reading your review, it’s back on my radar.

I ended up getting the Goyard Petit Flot bucket bag and love it. It’s been my go-to bag.

View attachment 4789821
Hello! Sorry for the super delayed reply...
I've actually been using the bag almost daily for work/errands for the past two+ months. There are some light scratches on the exterior of the bag, but you can't really see it unless you're up close or under bright lighting (I'm guessing it may be more noticeable with some of the lighter coloured leathers??). The shape of the bag has held up super well. The only part of the bag that has "changed" with wear is the tie which has softened considerably.

I ended up swapping out the shoulder strap for the crossbody strap. I've noticed that due to the relatively wide and sturdy base of the bag, it causes the bag to jut out from the body when carrying it on the shoulder, meaning the shoulder strap just refuses to stay on my shoulder (if that makes sense). The crossbody strap works perfectly.

One other thing is that the tie tends to loosen as I walk, allowing the opening to get bigger. It doesn't bother me too much as I tend to wear the bag on my front anyway and just re-tie it every now and then, but not sure if it may get annoying for others.

Hope this helps :smile:

Reactions: Sharona228