Mansur Gavriel Mansur Gavriel Owners...

I pre-ordered the bucket bag in brandy/avion and though I like the fact that it is vegetable tanned leather, I'm concerned as we will be moving to Seattle and the precipitation may be an issue. Does anyone have this bag in brandy or Camello? How has the leather held up over time? I'm actually looking forward to the bag developing a patina but I don't want symmetrical rain spots splattered all over. I also don't want to put a rain guard on the bag because I don't want to ruin the leather either...

I pre-ordered the bucket bag in brandy/avion and though I like the fact that it is vegetable tanned leather, I'm concerned as we will be moving to Seattle and the precipitation may be an issue. Does anyone have this bag in brandy or Camello? How has the leather held up over time? I'm actually looking forward to the bag developing a patina but I don't want symmetrical rain spots splattered all over. I also don't want to put a rain guard on the bag because I don't want to ruin the leather either...
I love Mansur Gavriel! I sadly don't own any though. They advise you don't use it at all in the rain, but they say you could spray it with a protectant. Good luck, enjoy the bag!

So, I got the bag and...I don't know. The leather is just sooooooo stiff! Do you guys suppose it will soften up? I was kind of hoping for a semi-slouchy bag, not something stiff as a cardboard box!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 5,119
I can tell by the picture that the bag looks stiff. It doesn't appear that it will get soft. But what I really want to know is are there any type of pockets on the inside or is it a black hole?

There are no pockets, just a little pouch that snaps off and can be used as a small clutch. I'm gonna try putting the bag in the dust bag and leaving it by the window to see if the heat from the sun softens it up. It just feels really weird trying to carry it cross body right now due to the stiffness; it's very unwieldy. But carrying it on the shoulder is okay, just not always convenient.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 4,815
Lovely bag :heart:, I've been waiting for the black flamma to be back in stock. But I'm worried about the leather, it seems like it'll show scratches quite well.. Have you had any problems yet?

Lovely bag :heart:, I've been waiting for the black flamma to be back in stock. But I'm worried about the leather, it seems like it'll show scratches quite well.. Have you had any problems yet?

I don't think the black will show scratches as easily as the brandy, but the brandy is susceptible to them. This isn't a big deal given that vegetable tanned leather is quite durable and any experienced leather shop can clean up the scratches and even out the color after it's been used. In my experience, though, the leather does scratch easily.

I just got my Camello/rosa bucket bag in the mail and i also realized it was very stiff and hard.
Now, i like to live on the edge (YOLO!) and i've done this with a MBMJ Werdie messenger that felt pretty stiff and i rubbed in a few thin layers of Lush Lemmon Flutter Cuticle butter. It made the leather a tiny bit darker (warmer is the word i'd actually use) but it also made the leather a bit softer. I'll report back with any major issues and see how it looks once the butter's set in.

I have the Mansur Gavriel Bucket bag in Camello Rosa and it got rained on while i was walking from the carpark to my workplace. The rain left distracting wet spots on my poor MG. *heartpain* I tweeted and then emailed MG but they just said that the rainspots will stay as its all natural etc. So.. i was drinking my tea in my office pondering over how to get rid of the wet spots, when i had the sudden idea to dab my damp teabag on the rain spots on the bag, wiping it in circular movements. Then i let the bag air dry. Oh, i also put my mini SHARP brand ion plasmacluster next to it for some good ionising air juju (just in case it might work). And it worked!! I used TWG brand Grand Wedding tea. The rain spots are barely noticeable now, thankfully. As for the stiffness, it's been a week and it's still stiff. That bugged me as well but i've gotten over it now. The wow power of the sold-out-worldwide Mansur Gavriel is still just as good. ;p