Manolo Blahnik - Sizing

Hi,
I haven't tried Carolynes on in awhile, so I can't remember. I was thinking that since they are slingbacks that they would have a slightly more generous fit (if reviews say otherwise, then listen to those reviews).

A couple of seasons ago the shoes started actually running big! I am a true US 7.5 and in the most recent Manolos I take a 37 or a 36.5 if they are d'Orsays.

A couple of seasons ago the shoes started actually running big! I am a true US 7.5 and in the most recent Manolos I take a 37 or a 36.5 if they are d'Orsays.

You know, I think they vary big time! I got a chance to stop by NM today. I tried 2 different styles (and heights), but they were both d'orsay. With the lower heel one, even 37 feels a bit loose (width was ok but had a gap at the back heel). With the higher heel, 37 felt quite snug.

I am praying that the two shoes I order will fit as I can't return them.

For the Carolyne, which is my favorite out of these 3, I have read that they run even smaller than other MB styles, so would a 37 even fit me? I am so worried as I don't think I can return if they don't fit.....

I wear a 36 in his closed-toe pumps and a 35.5 in his open-toed d'orsays.
I have found some of his styles simply do not fit me well, where the shoe did not fit me well, no matter what the size.
The Carolynes do not run smaller than his other closed-toed styles.

Thinking about buying a suede pair. Anyone know if the suede Manolos stretch out? I've heard that suede shoes tend to stretch, but I don't know if that's just something people say.

Also, anyone have square-toed Manolos? Do they run the same size-wise as the pointed-toe ones (I am a 38.5 in my pointed-toe Manolos)?

Last edited:
Hi all, now that it's been about 2 years since the last post about the Carolynes I thought I would post and ask if anyone's tried them on recently in the event the fit has changed. I'm typically a narrow-average width US 7 (37), and in the CL Simple 85/100 mm (37). When I called stores to ask how the 50 mm (satin) Carolynes fit, all the women said they were either TTS or suggested I try half a size smaller. When a man answered, however, they all suggested going at least half a size up. Anyone have any input? Thanks!

Hi

Can anyone advise whether the sizing for both patent and kid leather BB pumps are the same please? Have been thoroughly confused by sizing guides on various departmental stores' websites which suggest that one may be bigger/smaller than the other.

Thanks!