Manicures!

1. Do you ladies get mani's? and if so, what do you like to have done? Acrylics, a simple clear coat, anything fancy?

I usually am a low maintenence, paint my nails at home kind of girl- but I'm a habitial nail chewer so they are always really short and kind of...bleh.

I got acrylics ( which can be tacky, but I always get my really short) so I couldn't chew on them- lol but I still do. There is something alluring about fake nails, but they're a pain in the neck!

Just curious what you guys like to have done. :smile:

2. I bite my nails too...ugh it's so gross and I can't stop.

I get acrylics for formals, they look great, I like them! But...after I take them off, my nails are in even worse condition.

3. I was a nail bitter for as long as I can remember... but finally kicked the habit about 2 years ago!!! I still bite from time to time, but I find that having nice nails makes me not want to ruin them. I need to start getting more manis for sure.

4. No, I dont bite my nails (Thank god !!! ) I like to have a french manicures, I keep my nails relatively short. I also like to have my nails painted a nice flesh colour in the Summers to.

5. I get manicures but no acrylics for me. I have naturally hard nails. I always get a french manicure, red or something nude.

6. I LOVE my manicures!!!! My nails are great and I don't do acrylic but I have been known to chew my cuticles - so my manicures keep the chewing to a minimum - I love Essie polish and every week I'm likely to choose a different color but I don't like "french".

7. I go to the nail salon about once a month and doing my own the rest of the time. I was thinking of getting a overlay again , but i dont know , i change my mind a lot , and its a pain to get the acrylic off

8. I used to bite, but I started getting manicures once a month, and I've practically kicked the habit completely. I like how nice my nails look. I alternate between manicures and pedicures every two weeks :biggrin:

9. I get a manicure once a month. I find it keeps me from biting my nails if I spend money to have them done. I used to have acrylics but they really messed my nails up so I stopped.

10. I get manicures, no acyrilics just a pale shade on my natural nails.

I'm am addicted to pedicures though!!!!! Have to have them! So relaxing.

11. I've never had one. I have to keep my nails cut pretty short because I play violin (not brilliantly, just a hobby).

12. I get a manicure every week. I just look it. I get acrylic and have long nails. Usually, I get French, but sometimes a light color. I get pedicure in the summer. I think it's worth it.

13. i dont they take to much of my time

14. i had acrylics done once back in high school and couldn't stand it! i always have short nails and the tips lasted about four days! haha i usually have mine painted black, red or a nude pink

15. Are pedis worth it?

I can give myself a damn good one, I work at BBW so I have all the right supplies, I can even do french ones. :smile: ( I mastered the technique with a paint brush! lol) Not because I'm cheap, but because I think I'd feel incredibly awkard having someone clean my feet for me! :-/

I never know how to make conversation! even when it's just my nails.:shame:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice