Manicures/Pedicures

I don't get manicures because I hate the way nailpolish looks on my hands, so I just trim the nails, tidy up the cuticles and apply cuticle oil on them every week. I get a pedicure every month or so, more in the summer.

I only occasionally get it done... I hate making appointments and going to a place. I end up doing it myself but not that often.. just when my nails look really jacked up...

I want to actually start getting it done at a nice place at least 1 a month.

I do my own once a week. I have a great foot spa that has heat, jets and massage and I can stay in it as long as I want. I hate to be rushed at the salons. I also am so aware of the germs at the salons and after reading about how some places just don't clean....I rather do them myself. I do a good job and am happy. I also got the heated wax thing to use so I feel like I save some good money by pampering myself.

I do my own pedicures and manicures. Pedicures are usually just trimming back the nail and checking for any problems. Like Jellybebe, I don't like color on my nails and toenails, but I do worry about nail breakage. I do keep my nails pretty short, about 1/8th of an inch past the fingertip, but I also use a manual wheelchair so I can get my nails banged up. So I use Sally Hansen's "Double Duty" top and base coat, but once a week I strip it off, and let my nails "breathe". During this time I do all the filing, buffing, evening up, cuticle removing, nailbed conditioning, etc. The next day I'll put the Double Duty back on again.

I'd like to find a nice neutral nail polish color though. Seems every little imperfection in the nail I can't buff out jumps out at me.

Mani every 4 or 5 weeks. I bring OPI chip skip to my manicuritst to use first on my nails and then my fav Chanel polish and with the combination of the two products my nails look nicer for much much longer :yes:

I try to get a mani every couple weeks. Pedis....should get them more than I do, LOL! I play hockey so my hands and feet sweat a lot and it's hard to keep my nails looking good for the amount of $$ I pay! So, often it's DIY but I do miss the pampering of the salon.