Mani Cam on the Red Carpet Show on E!

They have been doing the Mani Cam for the last few award shows.

I think its a great idea.. but you really can't see them all that well...

It just goes to show you how much the nail polish craze has caught on...

and we were all there before, during.. and will be there way after the craze is over...

or will it be.

Majority of the females that I know have always gotten their nails done and still do on a regular! I don't know many that do their own tho. So I think it may be like a quiet obsession or just a female thing period. I don't that will ever go away! I can remember being SO excited because my mom let me finally get acrylics for my 8th grade dance lol.

But nails are a lot more talked about now! I wonder why it took so long?!

well.. the colors and formulas are so much more advanced now.

Even going back 15 years.. the colors were just colors.

Now we got so much. We didn't have flakies, holographic, jellys... and all the crazy indies and glitter combos.

Pink was just pink and red was just red... even up to 10 years ago. It really has come a long way.

Of course nails have come a long way but what hasn't lol.

J Hud had on a greyish purple color! I wish they would say the names of the colors! Can someone tweet Ryan and tell him to make sure people say their polish :tup:?!

Ugh Anne Hathway looks like she had on a metallic color. Ryan did ask to show her nails! He is terrible at this! Please show Charlize nails! Please!!

Ok. This mani cam sucks, Ryan. You could have at least shown Charlize! *rolls eyes*

well.. the colors and formulas are so much more advanced now.

Even going back 15 years.. the colors were just colors.

Now we got so much. We didn't have flakies, holographic, jellys... and all the crazy indies and glitter combos.

Pink was just pink and red was just red... even up to 10 years ago. It really has come a long way.

I don't know i had one of those Toma Mood Changing polishes 12-14 years ago and that ment it changed color when my nails were hot and cold and it was a jelly aswell, i'm still trying to find a dupe for it. There was some effect polishes just now theres more choice which is excellent.

Any of the stars have crazy nail art or are they all rocking solid colors?

I saw photos of the mani's from MTV website, and I didn't really like any of them... but it seems like most people went with short and natural nail with a contrast nail color on the ring finger.

I don't know i had one of those Toma Mood Changing polishes 12-14 years ago and that ment it changed color when my nails were hot and cold and it was a jelly aswell, i'm still trying to find a dupe for it. There was some effect polishes just now theres more choice which is excellent.

Any of the stars have crazy nail art or are they all rocking solid colors?

Oh yea! I completely forgot about Toma. I still have a bottle. I also think that is part of the reason that polishes like Liquid Euphoria and Unicorn pee is so popular. At the time they were the only ones that were different from mainstream. Now I think people want them just because. There are TONS of similar polishes like them.

Jellies were definitely available. I just don't think I called them that. I remember having duochromes and metallics as well, several years ago.

I saw photos of the mani's from MTV website, and I didn't really like any of them... but it seems like most people went with short and natural nail with a contrast nail color on the ring finger.

The few nails that were shown on the mani cam were nothing special at all. It is funny because most of the celebs that I see don't really have any new or exciting things going on with their nails, like they do with clothes, shoes and bags.

Oh yea! I completely forgot about Toma. I still have a bottle. I also think that is part of the reason that polishes like Liquid Euphoria and Unicorn pee is so popular. At the time they were the only ones that were different from mainstream. Now I think people want them just because. There are TONS of similar polishes like them.

Jellies were definitely available. I just don't think I called them that. I remember having duochromes and metallics as well, several years ago.

Hmm i love duochromes but i don't think there were sooo many of them 10-15 years ago, there were polishes that had a flash of another color. Like pink with a blue flash but that isn't a true duochrome in my opinion. The only one i remember me having way back when was Revlon KakiZing. I have another Toma a gray which changed to lilac but i don't think it works any more and the gray didn't look good on me. Can you imagine a star with a flakie mani? Which one do you think would have worn something like that?