Manhattan PM vs. Manhattan GM

Jazzie

O.G.
Aug 22, 2006
Here's the situation....
I have my eyes set on the Manhattan GM (among other things:nuts: ) but when we went to go pick out another damier tie for the BF (yep -- he did go back for the blue damier print), his eye caught the Manhatten PM -- and he surprisingly loved it.

For those who have both out there like Yeuxhonnetes (I remember seeing it in your collection) -- first person that comes to mind; Can anyone tell me the pro's & con's of both bags? Even those who own one or the other. What do you love about it that you considerred one over the other? If I make up my mind on this one, I might get another X-mas gift from the BF!

I didn't think I would be looking into purchasing another bag so soon (it's only been less than 3 weeks since my last purchase! :P What has tPF done to me!! AARGHHH:roflmfao: .

By the way, I don't own any mono bags yet -- just accessories. Would the Manhattan be good choice for a first mono? I have considerred the speedy but I love bags that keep their shape.

Thanks to all!
Jazzie

I don't own either :sad: but one of my future purchases will be the PM. I love the look of the GM, but I really think that I would get so tired of the strap getting in my way to get in and out of the bag. That's really the only negative thing I can think about with the GM. I don't have anything negative to say about the PM. Good luck!!! :smile:

I think it all depends on the size of bag you want. If you're not into BIG bags go for the pm, also the gm is heavy so keep that in mind.

I think both are great looking bags but would go for the pm just because of size. Now saying that i've never had either in my hand, that could change my mind.

I say try both on and see which suits you better.

I have the GM and love it. I don't even open the strap to get in the bag. I just unzip it from the side and there is plenty of room to access my stuff. The GM also works nicely as a handheld or shoulder bag.

Both beautiful.I have the PM you can dress up or down with that bag.Can't go wrong with it.The GM is a big and a heavy bag but also gorgeous.PM is just the perfect size for me.

awwww :shame:... you thought of me!

both bags are beautiful. the PM is definitely easier to carry around, and it's a good day-to-evening bag, and you can dress it up or down. the GM tends to get a little heavy, and the strap in the middle can be a bother.

does anyone know the price for the pm? I checked eluxury and it wasn't on there.

Manhattan PM
$1,450.00

p.gif

Louis Vuitton
Manhattan GM
$1,870.00

I recently bought Manhattan PM and love it! Like you it's my first mono bag. I considered getting Speedy or Alma, but went with Manhattan mainly because I love the outside pockets and the overall look. It's great to get to your keys or cell phone without having to unzip the bag. I'm sure you will enjoy either Manhattan bag:yes:

are you looking for a smaller bag or a bigger bag? i used to love love love the manhattan pm (thanks to uma thurman) but when i tried it on, it just did not look good on me. i later found out that the gm looks really good on me. :P i don't think the strap will bother me as i will be getting stuff without unzipping, like blue996. it'll be my next LV bag and first big designer bag!