Manhattan Moms - Real Housewives of NY

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will be good....a show full of moms dropping off their 2 year-olds to a pre-school offering yoga classes, and taking their dogs to get their nails painted, followed by doggie yoga class....and shopping, followed by yoga class and Starbucks! YEAH! :yahoo: :P

Oh No....am so NOT looking forward to this. As a true Manhattan UES mom I feel like we in our neck of the woods are under scrutiny as of late...with the whole Gossip Girls phenomenon. Does not paint us in such a good light and I find it all offensive. We are hardly all like that...some are certainly but not the majority. That being said...I am sure I will end up tuning in out of curiousity.

As someone who has lived in both Southern California and NY I will be tuning in. Similar to 'Real Housewives' I am sure there will be a ton of editing and Bravo will give us the moms we love and the moms we love to hate. It's all just entertainment at the end of the day. :lol:

Bravo takes 'Manhattan Moms'

By Kimberly Nordyke
Sept 21, 2007
From Orange County to Manhattan, Bravo is set to bring viewers more insight into how the other half lives.

The cable network said Thursday that it has gone into production on a new docudrama series tentatively titled "Manhattan Moms," which follows an eclectic group of New York-based socialites and their families.

The hourlong series will take a look at the real-life drama of this exclusive society, from their overscheduled lives of private schools, charity events and running businesses to escaping to their summer homes in the Hamptons.

Bravo has already found success with the similarly themed "The Real Housewives of Orange County," which focuses on an upper-class group of women and their families in Southern California.

"Manhattan Moms" is produced by Ricochet Television (ABC's "Super Nanny"), with Lenid Rolov serving as executive producer. The number of episodes and premiere date have yet to be determined.

" 'Manhattan Moms' is a fly-on-the-wall glimpse into the privileged lives of New York's wealthy socialites," Bravo executive vp programming and production Frances Berwick said. "We'll watch as they juggle calendars packed with charity fund-raising galas and the social whirl of the Hamptons, with interviews for elite private schools and high-powered careers."

More info from Page Six, including their photos.

December 13, 2007 -- BRAVO'S reality show, "The Real Housewives of Orange County," is such a hit, they're doing an East Coast installment. "Manhattan Moms" will star five New York mothers, including Jill Zarin of Zarin Fabric Warehouse, Countess Luanne DeLesseps and Bethenny Frankel. It started shooting in the Hamptons last summer and in more local environs such as the Meatpacking District and the Upper East Side. Filming wrapped Tuesday evening and will premiere early next year.

Jill Zarin is the one in the multi colored dress
orphans01.jpg

Again with her daughter(?)
jill+zarin.jpg

Countess Luanne DeLesseps
LuAnndeLesseps.jpg

Again in the center
IMG_1835.jpg

Bethanny Frankel (remember her from 'The Apprentice: Martha Stewart'?)
bethenny_apprenticemarthastewart_240.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.