Manhattan LV Stores

Tikoma

Jul 25, 2010
Hello,

I'm going to Manhattan just a before christmas for a couple of days with my girlfriend, like we do every year. Now i read alot of negative feedback on the LV Store in Fifth Ave. and the rude and arrogant SA's there.

Would you recommend me to go to SAKS instead? We're from Germany and i often noticed that tourists are often treated bad in standalone stores.

We stay very central at the central park and around 10 minutes away from the 5th Ave, so LV stores outside of Manhattan can't be visited, hence my girlfriend already has everything planned and there's no time for spontaneous trips somewhere else. ;)

Thanks in advance

I think you will be fine at the LV store on Fifth. Be pleasant and courteous and they will treat you the same. Leave your attitude at the door (if you have one!).

I stopped in the LV on 5th avenue the other night after work to pick up my gorgeous new josephine wallet - let me tell you, i walked in there carrying my HUGE, ugly, fed ex box which contained my neverfull gm that had arrived that day. the first SA i saw ran over to me and asked if i needed help with the box, when I told him what was inside, he immediately took the box into the back to give me a shopping bag so I wouldn't have to lug around the box anymore. This was all before they even knew if I would be buying anything. I was then assisted by a wonderful SA, Guyatri (lovely woman) and reunited with my neverfull at the register. I have had other equally pleasant experiences with the SAs in the 5th ave store, but as of last Tuesday, still excellent service.

I agree about Macy's.
I was there twice last week and the ladies there were just sweet and kind. Granted, they are coming off of black weekend, so they might be alittle stressed now! I really enjoy that little satellite store more than any other inthe city. They seem to be a bit under knowledged but I will give it to them for helpfullness, kindness and easy of use :smile:
enjoy nyc! i love it up here!

I am from PA but i ordered an item through 5th avenue NY and they shipped it to me.I should say the SA's were really good.The order didn't go through for a while because i purchased an item with Master card few months ago and i tried to get this order through my american express.The Sa (Adam) was very nice as he informed me about the problem and asked me to contact the customer service to see what was happening.It took a while to understand the problem.Then i purchased the item with my mastercard.They told me they were so busy that day but still they worked with me to get my order.

Thanks for all the answers :smile:

Now i'll dare to check the 5th Ave store out after we went to Saks. We're going to reside in the Empire Hotel, so we can go there by foot like last year.

Was funny when we saw that the Empire is used in the show Gossip Girl which my girlfriend and i love to watch.

So lets hope i dont have any bad experiences in any of the LV Stores, 5th Ave or Saks. ;)

Hi there....about the LV store on 57th st. Whenever I buy bags from ebay or whatnot, I always take them to the 4th floor to be authenticated. Let me ask you all, can I trust what they say 100%? Or is it possible that even they might miss a really good fake?

Hi there....about the LV store on 57th st. Whenever I buy bags from ebay or whatnot, I always take them to the 4th floor to be authenticated. Let me ask you all, can I trust what they say 100%? Or is it possible that even they might miss a really good fake?

I don't know about those, but the LV SA's in Frankfurt dont know much about Authentification. I think you can trust the Authentification here in the forum much more than LV SA's. I believe its not a part of their job to be able to authentificate a LV bag.

Here are even some stories on the forum of people getting told their LV is fake in the same store where they bought it in. So you probably shouldn't go with what they say.