Travel Manhattan in 4 days...clothing ideas.

tulemar

O.G.
Jun 3, 2006
Seattle
I am heading to NYC to meet up with my son who is in college there. We are going to shop,eat,see a couple of broadway plays. I will be gone for 5 days/4 nights. I always take way to many clothes and never have exactly what I want. So, some of you NYC girls,,help me out. What should I pack, what is perfect for both day/night and comfy. and hey how cold is it really ( prediction is 70/50).

Also, anyone hear of a place called Lucha Libre??

Sep 14, 2007
Well it is cool and pouring here today. This weekend it's supposed to be in the 60's/70s. I would bring spring things...so a rain jacket or thin jacket for while inside the theaters and restaurants. Skirts/tanks and then little sweaters over. Jeans are perfect. Yesterday it was in the 40's (low).

Have fun!

Nov 11, 2009
an umbrella first and foremost... rain boots, rain coat... no heavy coat... pack light so you can shop around a little in the downtown area by Wall Street... (where the world trade center used to be) also in soho, my friends tell me thatthey have good deals, but i have yet to try Soho... that is it for now but if i think of anythingelse, Iwill let you know..

tulemar

O.G.
Jun 3, 2006
Seattle
Thanks everyone for the great ideas...Last year I was theresame time and about froze to death. Looks like it will be warmer this year...yeah!!

Apr 15, 2007
if you can bring a pashmina/shawl that will work.. raincoat, light tops so you can layer yourself.. weekend is to be nice.. enjoy yourselves!!

tulemar

O.G.
Jun 3, 2006
Seattle
Great, I think I wil try to do this with carry on only, 1 jean, 1 black legging, a couple of Hermes cashmere/silk shawls, black and white tanks, a black Facconable rain jacket and black cashmere sweater and tan cashmere short sleeve cardigan. Now the shoes are the problem...motorcycle boots and a pair of ballet slippers. The good thing about NYC is that if I need something else I can just buy it RIGHT?