Manhattan GM owners!!! I NEED YOUR HELP~~~~~~

yumcarrots

Nov 10, 2006
I'm contemplating very hard at the moment as to whether or not I should get a Manhattan GM............. :confused1: :confused1: :confused1:

Is it really heavy and bulky to carry around as a work bag?

Is the center strap annoying?

And I've heard that it doesn't patina evenly... is it true?

Thanks in advance!

oh get it get it! i love mine to death :love:

it does tend to get a little heavy, but not bulky, and it would be a great work bag :yes:. i plan to use mine for work too, if/when i get a job

i don't find the strap down the middle annoying at all, even though i thought i would. if you find it annoying you can just fold it back and tuck it into the little tab at the back of the bag

and it doesn't patina very evenly because there are pieces of overlapping leather, but it won't be very noticeable, i don't think

Thanks, yeuxhonnetes! I have been drooling over that bag for a while now... I think I will take advantage of the ****** cyber thursday... :rolleyes:

Also, can you wear it as a shoulder bag if you don't feel like carrying it?

yes, i can fit it on my shoulder, even with a coat on:

attachment.php
attachment.php

Yes I just recieved mine earlier this week. As it is a bit heavy, I love it, it can be worn on the shoulder or carried, the zippers go so far down on the sides the strap can stay buckled and you can get in easily from the sides, but I believe it will patina a bit uneven but like a previous poster said, you wont be able to notice it because it will be where the strap is under another loop. Get it!

nancypants, I don't think cyber thursday comes often... so, gotta take advantage of it!!

That's my concern too... I don't think I will get a Made in France one from eLuxury, unless I am really lucky...

Get one!! I have one and its a stunning bag.

I can wear it on my shoulder for short periods of time. It fits fine. But the handles are not flat so it gets uncomfortable after a while.

yes its true that the undersides of the buckles do not patina with the rest of the bag. But it does not show unless you walk around with your bag unbuckled.

Its a great bag. Go for it!!