Mane N Tail

lwatson13

Apr 24, 2007
Has anyone used Mane N Tail shampoo/conditioner? i know it is for horses/humans but it it supposed to make your hair look thicker and grow faster....does anyone have any experience with it?? TIA!

I had heard the same thing but frankly.......I won't even use it on any of my horses because it really did nothing for them, and they don't have chemical bleach damage!:roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao:

I only used it on my horses when I was desperate and out of anything else because it is really cheap.

Who knows though..........I guess I really did not help you though :shrugs:

I used it.... the shampoo is super harsh! If there is any product on your hair it will be undoubtedly gone. Too harsh for me so I had to mix it with some normal shampoo to make it bearable. I loved the conditioner though!

I have tried the conditioner years ago when my hair was severely damaged with bleach and coloring. It didn't really do anything amazing (maybe because my hair was so damaged beyond repair), but it did moisturize/tame my hair to a point where it was manageable (no tangles)--and for that, I would say it is a good conditioner considering the condition my hair was in. I didn't really notice my hair growing any faster, but then again I don't really think there are products out there that can do so. If anything, vitamins are the best bet for speeding up hair growth.

I've heard that it puts a super-heavy coating on your hair that can take a good long while to wash off. The old Silkience shampoo used to do something similar. Beauticians would always ask you if you used it and refuse to color or perm the hair of anyone who had used Silkience in the past two months because of the coating it left behind.

About 10-15 years ago there was this fad for "barnyard cosmetics," i.e. stuff used on farm animals like Bag Balm. I think the Mane N Tail you find in Walgreen's is very different from the stuff that's actually sold for horses. The stuff for horses has a blackening agent that would make your hair tarry. But that's just Internet hearsay.

i tried it before, hoping that it would've made my hair thicker or something (everyone was saying that's what it would do) but it didn't....so i stopped using it.

If you want to improve the condition of your hair and aid it to grow faster...I'd start taking prenatal vitamins. :smile: You don't have to be expecting to take them and gain benefit.

LOL! I used this stuff about 15 years ago. I wasn't sure it was even still around. I don't know if it worked or not. My hair was already fairly long and healthy. I just wanted it to be super long. It certainly didn't hurt me at all, but I don't know if there were any positive effects either.

I've heard that it puts a super-heavy coating on your hair that can take a good long while to wash off. The old Silkience shampoo used to do something similar. Beauticians would always ask you if you used it and refuse to color or perm the hair of anyone who had used Silkience in the past two months because of the coating it left behind.

About 10-15 years ago there was this fad for "barnyard cosmetics," i.e. stuff used on farm animals like Bag Balm. I think the Mane N Tail you find in Walgreen's is very different from the stuff that's actually sold for horses. The stuff for horses has a blackening agent that would make your hair tarry. But that's just Internet hearsay.

You are correct it does coat the hair. I didnt even use this on my horses when I had them. Yuck.

my mother use to put it in my hair when I was a child and it was very long. but that could have been genetics. because i see some people using it and it has done nothing for them