Managing a SNAD through PayPal (fake bag)

dingbat

Aug 11, 2009
So, I bought a fake YSL bag through e-bay (hence the posting name) and have opened a dispute as a SNAD. I have pictures of another bag's serial number that is exactly the same (all digits), and though seller posted as NWT she didn't include a certificate of authenticity. There are other signs that it's fake (three flat keys rather than one barrel key for the lock).

Seller alternately threatening and saying "let's work this out" but refuses refund. Should I escalate to claim? What evidence should I provide PayPal?

THANKS!!!!

File and escalate now. Last time I checked, you don't need anything to provide Pay Pal other than online delivery confirmation and tracking to show you returned the item to the seller.

Take a copy of the auction before it's removed by Ebay -- and be sure to report the seller to Ebay.

Absolutely escalate. Paypal will then ask you for proof of (non) authenticity to be submitted. They will likely do that within about 48 hrs of escalating and they will give you 10 days to remit the info needed, by fax. You will need to have the bag authenticated by an approved authentication service. If you don't know of any for YSL, start checking around for that info now. There are only certain services that Paypal will accept. They won't take your word for it or pics of another bag witht he same serial number, etc. You will need to provide a letter from a non-biased 3rd party. Good Luck and keep us updated!

File and escalate now. Last time I checked, you don't need anything to provide Pay Pal other than online delivery confirmation and tracking to show you returned the item to the seller.

Take a copy of the auction before it's removed by Ebay -- and be sure to report the seller to Ebay.

That's an alternative. Send the bag back and provide Paypal with proof of return.

If you are going to arbitrarily just send the bag back w/out awaiting the outcome of your PP dispute/claim, make sure that you follow PP's rules for shipping and proof-there-of. You need to read the PP USER AGREEMENT as there are shipping guidelines as to necessary online tracking, insurance, delivery and signature confirmation, shipping to the address on the PP transaction page etc. You might want to TALK to someone at PP prior to returning the bag "without permission" since you have already filed the SNAD.
If you choose to follow thru w/ your PP dispute, escalate to a claim. You can email [email protected] to see IF she provides letters of non-auth on YSL. She's very good. PP will let you know if such a letter is required. Once you escalate, maybe your seller will simply agree to the return.
DO NOT close your dispute/claim until you have received your refund. No matter WHAT the seller says.

What concerns me is that if you send back the bag and the seller refuses to accept

your package you are not in a good position. I would follow paypal instructions

to the letter and try to have the seller tell you to send it back on her own.

Since you are not 100% sure of its authenticity, caroldiva is excellent at authenticating

the bag. Whatever the outcome is with regard to sending the bag back, take a pic,

send it with signature and insurance and don't close your dispute (if it gets to that level)

until you receive a complete refund from the seller or paypal.

Was the bag authenticated in the YSL section here?? That's is a good place to start. And then if you are sure it's fake, you may have to proceed to Caroldiva. Have you called PP about this yet? They will tell you how to proceed.

I had a seller agree to a refund and I shipped the item back. USPS attempted delivery twice without success and she then refused to go pick it up at the post office (parcel sent with signature confirmation). I filed a SNAD with Paypal, provided my tracking info and within a week, they refunded me. I won the claim even though it doesn't show delivered and signed by..... I know the package is going to come back to me and I'm going to have to ship it off again, but delivery confirmation only. Of course, do what Paypal suggests first after you escalate to a claim.

Thank you all for your advice. I'm reluctant to send it back because the seller has refused a refund in exchange for the bag, so I think I'm going to escalate and find a good third-party authenticator. I've e-mailed carol and would welcome any other suggestions.

I called paypal - the funds are frozen even though it's still a dispute. I'll escalate this morning. I posted through the paypal dispute that the seller had stated that she had only one of this bag, but that the feedback immediately before mine was or the exact same bag for the same description! Seller's response? Took her feedback private! Luckily I had taken the precaution of printing the auction, description and pictures out to compare with mine... Does she not know that ebay owns paypal and has access to "private" feedback?

You did the right thing by filing a claim.. you are also sending her a message

that her actions are not appropriate or acceptable to you.. her funds are

tied up until she resolves this.. and her feedback will be seen by the

ebay/paypal team. so she can't hide from that for too long..